ZXR 750 K1 Down pipes....

johnnymack63

OK, so I'm watching on ebay a set of brand new Muzzy down pipes that are currently on $20 (delivered it's a total of £40) !!

Problem is they're listed as for a 1989 ZXR750 (H1 0r 2)

Anyone know if the down pipes on the H series ZXR would fit the J/K series ZXR's ??

Please say yes, coz then I can get the Carbon Devil end can that I'm also watching for £125 to complete the pukka Kawasaki France look (with a nod to Muzzy).

OK, so I'm watching on ebay a set of brand new Muzzy down pipes that are currently on $20 (delivered it's a total of £40) !!

Problem is they're listed as for a 1989 ZXR750 (H1 0r 2)

Anyone know if the down pipes on the H series ZXR would fit the J/K series ZXR's ??

Please say yes, coz then I can get the Carbon Devil end can that I'm also watching for £125 to complete the pukka Kawasaki France look (with a nod to Muzzy).

For that price I don't think it matters, if they fit then *brilliant* ! If not they'll sell in The U.K on eBay for more than you've paid. There are a few pic's of H, J and K model ZXR headers on eBay so you could compare the pictures. Failing that give a UK zorst company a bell and see if they sell one for a H model and steer the conversation towards asking if the same system would fit J and K model's. Try Motard, they make most exhausts and would have "the know".

Sorry, no. They wont fit. H & J engines are totally different.

Yep, J K L & M pipes are all the same mate and can be swapped about.

:pbheroub2:

RESULT !!!

Now where's my credit card ?

One genuine '90's full Muzzy system on it's way from the U.S of A !!

Arse biscuits !!

Some fucker has bought the Muzzy system.

Fuck it, probably too loud for a track day & MOT anyway !!

Gutted. That'll teach me to hesitate.

I bet it was someone on this forum that snatched 'em right out from under me !

Ah well, Nitron shock ordered instead !

For future reference John, the engines on J/K/L/M are all pretty much identical externally. All the engine numbers actually start 'ZX750J-00###' as the cases and external castings were the same.

Oh, and a Muzzy full system combined with race filter and FCR39's makes 118dB+ at 5500-6000 rpm. So trackdays may be a little out of the question.

For future reference John, the engines on J/K/L/M are all pretty much identical externally. All the engine numbers actually start 'ZX750J-00###' as the cases and external castings were the same.

Oh, and a Muzzy full system combined with race filter and FCR39's makes 118dB+ at 5500-6000 rpm. So trackdays may be a little out of the question.

Ouch! What do you think the db reading will be with 793cc Wiseco's and FCR's in a carbon race airbox with no filter!!! :tumbleweed:

Cheers dave, I may well be tapping into your apparently endless knowledge of ZXR's as my PB project '09 rumbles on !

Whoever nicked the Muzzy system from under my nose (little fucker) probably did me a favour by the sound of it ! What's the point in owning a bike that won't pas an MOT or track day noise test ?

Money spent on a nice new Nitron shock instead ! (just don't tell the missus)

Archived