zxr 400 to 600 ???

kinkyfreestyler

can any one help me ?

I have seen a post about some one doing a zxr 400 with a zx6r engine bolted in ! can any one point me in the right direction so I could re-read it as my friend is really intrested in doing this to his

any help will do !

thanks

It's a lot of work for what it is (apparently) - there's a guy on 400greybike who did it.

You'd be better off doing a FZR400RR and using a FZR600R or T'Cat engine

'zimm' on here has done it, and will be able to add much more detail. IIRC his opinion was that it's not worth bothering with it for a standard 600 engine (his is quite a 'special' motor)

It involves modding the frame to move *all* the engine mounts, as they're nowhere near the same places on the 6R engine.

I believe the engine itself is quite a bit heavier, so the suspension will want some work to make it handle.

Have you considered the 444cc bigbore kit from tts? Ought to make up about half the power difference between the 400 and 600 motors, and without the added weight. Should be cheaper than making a 600 fit as well.

Yeah but it got sorted...I presume it was where an engine mount was put on...so his work anyway. Laggy bands and gaffa tape should sort it.

Archived