ZX7R quick bits

tootall

Righto, seem to have aquired a ZX7R trackbike project (cheers Gray!). If I happened to find a set of flatslides do I need the carbon airbox or can I mod the standard one? Is it all worth it?

I thought the 'clean air injection system' was US-market only?

Unfortunatley not, all the ZX7/ZXR's got this crap put on them. Still, only takes 20 mins to remove and burn!

Righto, seem to have aquired a ZX7R trackbike project (cheers Gray!). If I happened to find a set of flatslides do I need the carbon airbox or can I mod the standard one? Is it all worth it?

I have a carbon airbox you can have if you like. Its one that uses the fuel tank as a lid.

Its needs a little patching up, as I'd started to modify it to fit my ZXR (its for a ZX7) but gave up when I managed to get hold of an ex Muzzy Kwak carbon box.

It just need a little patching up round the carbs as I started to mod it to fit my carbs (different spacing).

As long as your in the UK, just chuck me some money for postage and its yours. Or, collect it if you're not too far! (Hertfordshire).

I have a carbon airbox you can have if you like. Its one that uses the fuel tank as a lid.

Its needs a little patching up, as I'd started to modify it to fit my ZXR (its for a ZX7) but gave up when I managed to get hold of an ex Muzzy Kwak carbon box.

It just need a little patching up round the carbs as I started to mod it to fit my carbs (different spacing).

As long as your in the UK, just chuck me some money for postage and its yours. Or, collect it if you're not too far! (Hertfordshire).

woohoo :eusa_think: and so it begins!

Could you post some pics of the box/underside of tank please? I need to make one for my ZX9R, but I'd appreciate seeing the design of both (specially the Muzzys one). I presume the ram air duct does without the resonator box too?

Could you post some pics of the box/underside of tank please? I need to make one for my ZX9R, but I'd appreciate seeing the design of both (specially the Muzzys one). I presume the ram air duct does without the resonator box too?

I dont have the scoop part, just the box that sits inside the frame.

Also, the ZX7 box I have is the one that uses the tank as a lid (I dont have a 7R tank), the Muzzy one I have is a normal 3 piece type with its own lid etc...

I've attached two pics, they are not actually pictures of mine, but they are the same.

I'm not sure if standard CV carbs will fit. I've just had to replace the float bowls on my FCR's as the bottoms fowl the bottom of the airbox. The new float bowls give me the space I need to get them fitted.

This is the ZX7 type that uses the tank as the lid (think this pic is knicked from ZX793's bike build? ----> Insideairbox_3.jpg

This is the type for the ZXR750 I'm currently fitting ----> Airbox_1.jpg

I've attached two pics, they are not actually pictures of mine, but they are the same.

This is the ZX7 type that uses the tank as the lid (think this pic is knicked from ZX793's bike build? ----> Insideairbox_3.jpg

Woot woot! ;):lol:

when I managed to get hold of an ex Muzzy Kwak carbon box.

You have GOT to tell me where you got that from and if they do ZXR (K1) airbox's. Pleeeeeeeaaaase !!!

wow if i did that it would be loads bigger than stock. is the underside of the zx7s thank smooth then? no fuel pump feeds or anything?

You have GOT to tell me where you got that from and if they do ZXR (K1) airbox's. Pleeeeeeeaaaase !!!

Second hand mate, sorry! But its pretty much the same as the one in the pic above (3 piece one). Only for the K model, the ram air part doesn't take a feed through the frame (as its not there obviously!!) but instead you need to move the rad down by 10mm and the scoop sits between the top of the rad and bottom of the bottom yoke. :icon_salut:

Archived