Clicking noise

daytona63

Thought i would wheel the track bike out this morning and start it up.

It started no problem but there is a continous clicking noise coming from somewhere on the right hand side. It does this when the bike is stationery and even with the engine off.. but the ignition on obviously. Something electrical but what?

Could it be the fuel pump?

It's a 1999 CBR600Fx by the way.

Not sure...i would doubt it but i'll have another look. It certainly didn't do it the last time i started it and it didn't seem to effect the running of the bike.

It's obviously electrical as it does it without the engine running. Try pulling fuses out 1 at a time until it stops, that'll narrow your search down a bit.

Or you could just have a bomb on board?

No cos it did it from start up, Zak. I can turn the ignition on (i.e the killswitch) and it makes the noise whther i start it or not.

I did wonder whether it had anything to do with the battery being a bit low on power!

like people say, sounds like a relay, maybe starter

as stated pop out the fuses one at a time to narrow it down to which circuit/relay or stuck/shorted switch trying to bring in a relay

It started no problem but there is a continous clicking noise coming from somewhere on the right hand side. It does this when the bike is stationery and even with the engine off.. but the ignition on obviously. Something electrical but what?

Hi. I know you said it was a 'clicking', would it be like a 'brrrrrrrring' clicking noise? ( yes I know that sounds weird! )

Just that my wifes' FX does the same thing, but only for a second or so. If it is, let me know as I'll be in the garage tomorrow and don't mind looking where it's coming from, and how to make it go away!

Right, had a poke around with the wifes' FX today.

Ignition on, 1 to 2 second 'brrrr' ing noise from fuel pump and also heard a 'click' from one of the relays on the right hand side of the subframe.

So, seat off and did it again. narrowed it down to the ' fuel pump transfer relay ' ( largest of the 4 relays there )

Had a look in the manual and there's loads of spiel on what to do to fault check it, mainly to do with fuses and con checking with a multimeter.

If this helps, the battery is in good condition and was only charged about a week ago. Have noticed when it has been stood for longer the noise does go on for a few seconds longer :icon_blackeye:

Hope that helps!

Archived