newbie needs help with quickshifter

crazy ivan

firstly, hi all, can't find a newbie section so i'll say hi here if thats ok - HI.

right then after a bit of help, i've got hold of anold ART quickshifter that i'm trying to put on my srad trackbike. it's a carbed bike so the qs needs splicing into the coil packs, my question for all the technical types is this -

which wire will i need to splice into on the coil packs,? the ignitor box to coil or the coil to earth/neutral side.

thanks in advance

I know this might be a daft question, but have you checked the manufacturers website for instructions? Failing that a phone call might be next best?

they don't exist anymore mate, went bust a while ago and can't find any old pages on the inter web thingy.

i've got it down to only needing to know which side of the coils it needs to go and i think i'm there

You break into the negative feed to the coils - normally the black with white stripe on a zooki...

i have orange/white on both coils going to other places - starter, feul pump relay, soliniod valve etc. and one coil has white, other has black/white going to ignitor. which would be the posative and which negative pls?. any explanation on how it works will help me understand what and why.

thanks for the info so far, i'm just a bit crap when it comes to leccy stuff,

Ok - the coils have a common +ve feed, which is the orange/white, which comes through the ignition switch. The -ve feed comes from the ECU or CDi (depending on whether the bike is Fi or carbed) and it is the -ve feed that is switched off to create the spark.

The quickshifter works by putting a momentary -ve feed to the coil, which overides the loss of signal from the CDi, and this creates a momentary lack of spark which allows the gear to be up shifted.

So you need to break into the black and white wires.

HTH

thank you very much my new found friend. you are a star :P:P

Archived