Bandit 6 engine into GSXR 750

As above, have gearbox and other bother with my 7/11.

Might be able to get a complete y plate Bandit 6 eng carbs electrics.

Will it fit easily. As in straight in, only spanners required. (i know anything will fit anything if I try hard enough, but I don't have the time, equipment or will for messing about this time)

Its a 750 L ( I think, USD forked model, 17 rims 180 back)

Don't whinge about it not being a 'big' engine - I don't care :pb2: Just need transport asap.

All info much appreciated.

it should be a handy enough swap.

I think you run into trouble putting Gixxer engines into bandits as the bigger engines have deeper sumps which can cause clearance issues with the headers.

If you had the Bandit header pipes, I'd say it'd be a very handy job.

BTW, I'm not 100% sure of any of that info.

Agree, it should slide in easy.

Confirm with these chaps though, www.oldskoolsuzuki.org

Wasn't there a US model GSXR600, using the cradle frame from the 750 with what later became the Bandit 600 motor in it?

Assuming that the frame motor are the ones I;m thinking of, it should be a doddle (if you know what you're doing, like...)

Dave

should be a straightforward swap as quite a few have fitted oilcooled 750 lumps to 600 bandits... http://oldskoolsuzuki.info

Wasn't there a US model GSXR600, using the cradle frame from the 750 with what later became the Bandit 600 motor in it?

Assuming that the frame motor are the ones I;m thinking of, it should be a doddle (if you know what you're doing, like...)

Dave

there was a watercooled 600, dont think there was an oilcoole one. not a simple swap between the two types of motor (oil and water) but can be done with some faffing

There was a GSXR 600, not a UK model though. Same 750 lump with smaller pistons.

The bandit engine is only a GSXF engine, so it should go in. A 750 top end will go straight on too.

I know this as I won the old (shh) Superbike magazines' GSX 600 F, with had a 750 top end, bored to 907 cc and producing 116 brake. It could have had a lot more with bigger carbs. This was somewhat unimportant though, as the chassis could handle 80. It would have made a good shitefighter with a GSXR frame though.

It'll drop straight in....but the 1100 has an M12 lower rear mount, the 750 and B6 has an M10 one must have either the frame hole enlarged or a sleeve/bush at the moment, just got to alter it back to fit the B6 solidly.

Best to lock up me garage then!!!!!!

i dont have the balls to ask di if you spoke to her on this subject, cos it will remind her to push said offending bandit out, ps none of my bikes are on the organ donor list!

Archived