radial master cylinder

MotoNik

Hi Folks,

Thinking of upgrading to a radial master cylinder on my Aprilia Falco. Just wondered which ratio I need? Also, what does one do about the brake light switch?

cheers,

Nik

I told you, buy a GSX-R K5 one, forget ratios, your too pretty to have to stress over them. And too tight to pay for an adjustable one.

That is all.

Lots of people complain about the GSXR ones being a bit shite.

Brembo is the way to go. To be honest I wouldn't worry about the ratio. 19x20 tends to be the preference for roadbikes, but i've got a 19x18 on my SP2 and it is a thing of loveliness. I also had a 19x18 on my ZRX1100 too. Worked a treat on that too.

Be wary of some of the Ebay deals though. There are fakes on the market.

Lots of people complain about the GSXR ones being a bit shite.

The brakes on my GSX-R1100L were better than the ones on my K5.

I'll be fitting Venhill lines and Brembo pads as soon as I have moved, but that is another thread entirely. "I have shit brakes and 160hp"......

Brembo 19x20 seems to be the most common. You can get a pressure activated banjo bolt brake light switch which will keep you road legal.

As mentioned before beware cheap ebay 'bargains'.

Try Harris or Bike Torque Racing.

I think I once read somewhere about the way to tell a fake is that the real ones have machined ends, the cheapos are cast. I think.

Thanks for the replies guys. I must admit, i was alarmed to see how many fakes there are on ebay. Do a search for radial master cylinder, and about 75% of what comes up is from Thailand. They are sooooo cheap too! £20 for what looks identical to a Brembo unit.

I think I'll probably go for a Brembo, ultimately. 19x18 seems pretty commonplace, so I'll probably go with that.

Thanks again!

Nik

I've fitted late model GSXR radial ones to 2 bikes now, both with very good results. Very good for the money (often cheap on ebay - e.g. I got a brand new one for 75 quid).

If money's a wee bit tight and / or you're not too worried about bling names then go for a Performance Technology master cylinder. Flip up lever as standard and I've never heard a complaint about them (I sell them and have sold several to French Superbike and Supersport racers with no complaints and lots of good feedback.)

Hi

Another thumbs up for the Performance Technology. Machined from billet (unlike the brembo) and flip up lever as standard... excellent value for money too.... and Mr Durbahn recommends them too.

Any idea what thread the bleed nipple and outlet from the PT cyliners is?

Thanks,

jamie

Made by a guy who used to work for Brembo and realised that they were asking a lot for what could be made a lot more cheaply, so he set up his own company.

Well I suppose it is always cheaper to steal someone else's R&D work!

BTW, you can get two types of Brembo. Cast and then machined, or machined from billet. The billet ones are about £300 and the cast/machined ones are about £200 list price.

Hi

Another thumbs up for the Performance Technology. Machined from billet (unlike the brembo) and flip up lever as standard... excellent value for money too.... and Mr Durbahn recommends them too.

Any idea what thread the bleed nipple and outlet from the PT cyliners is?

Thanks,

jamie

10x100 for the banjo, not sure on the bleed nipple.

hth

How much would one of thease Performance Technology master cylinders cost then? and does one size fit all (zx6 b1 track only bike) and are they adjustable for feel and span.

I've got PT on my old ZX9R paid £150 and no you need a pressure switch, mine hits the claocks on full left lock which is a MOT failure (mine's a trackbike and don't care about tha last point) could be fixed y supergluing a washer or two on the lock stop

FittedPTRadialMasterCylinder.jpg

ClearanceIssuePTMasterCylinder.jpg

Rich, can you gewt some fooking prices up on the site, or a PDF of the price list? I've got cash to spend, but will not bother if I cannot see how you compare to other sites....

I'd like the cash to be in your pocket, but a no price site means it won't be.

Archived