Hyperplates

thundercat rider

I found something nice on Thorsten Durbahn's site: hyperplates. They're defintely lighter, but are they any good for street riding/street sport riding? Are they as durable as OEM plates?

Well, I read some forums. From what I understand, weight saving is defintely noticeable. But, the plates are not meant for regular road riding. They need regular inspection, and I don't like opening my clutch cover every now and then.

Been using them in the blade engine for the last 4yrs.No problems.I am very easy on my clutch tho.Didnt notice any initial effects but then the rest of the bike is so heavily modified anyway.From memory they were 400grams lighter,gotta be good.

They get my vote.

From what i've read, they could explode, ruining your engine. Chances maybe small, but I can't afford a new engine. Furthermore, my bike is for road riding. Before I can hit some nice B-roads for some speeding, I have to do a lot of city traffic. Besides my cycle, my bike is my only form of transportation. I use it for groceries when I'm lazy, visiting people because I don't like slow public transportation, vacation mount...

I don't even have a driver's licence for a car.

I think hyperplates weren't intended for this kind of use.

Archived