quick question

eastendpete

Be careful. I can't remember which way around it is, but the Brembo pukka race calipers use 100mm spacing and the road calipers like the Mille has are 108mm.

I'm think that the other roadbikes with Tokico and Nissin radials have 108mm spacing too?

Don't take that as gospel though. Might be worth creeping round a bike dealers with a set of verniers. -_-

I'm think that the other roadbikes with Tokico and Nissin radials have 108mm spacing too?

Don't take that as gospel though. Might be worth creeping round a bike dealers with a set of verniers. ;)

thikn ill try that, cheers david, as far as i can work out, radial r6 and r1 are 108mm, so im guessing others should be, but ill measure up

i want to try and avoid brembo, thats why i was wondering about standard equipment tokicos or nissins etc, thanks though for replying, i thought they might be narrow track.

GSXR 1000 K5/6 are 108 too. As they swop with R1 5vy calipers (I did this last Sept).

Can recommend the R1 calipers, seen some serious kit that retained the stock R1 calipers. Gsxr calipers on the other hand have a poor reputation from some people. Although whether its was the calipers or another aspect of the braking system was never properly established... ho hum. More shinyness, less thought.

A friend has swopped c model zx10 with 04 blade, so 108mm centres might be a standard.

NB: not all bolts are the same length. Your home may be at risk if your calipers fall off and you croak. If you do croak, it wuznee me.

Yes, every Japanese bike with radial calipers have 108mm bolt spacing, as do Brembo race radial calipers. Ducati use 100mm bolt spacing and maybe Aprilia too. Be careful, though, not all Japanese calipers are interchangeable, even if the same brand, e.g. Tokico. Some have difference offsets and especially different length standoffs from the fork mounts.

I've teamed R1 calipers with GSXR forks, they can be had fairly cheap and are monoblock construction.

As far as I know none of the Jap firms use 100mm spacing, could be wrong tho' wouldn't be the first time.

DSC_0012-1.jpg

Archived