Do I need a fan?

Annaz

I've just fitted a race wiring harness to the Srad and it doesn't have a connector for a fan. So I'm thinking do I need one anyway as it probably wouldn't do much, speeding round a track. Is it normal practice to run without one?

There is a spare connector but I reckon it's for a rev counter or idiot lights.

Like you say, it's not like you'll be stop-starting in slow traffic - as long as you don't sit in pit lane idling for 15 minutes prior to going out, I can't see a problem.

The RXV and DRZ-E don't have them and I use both on the roads, so just keep moving and you'll be reet.

:dribble:

Dave

Like you say, it's not like you'll be stop-starting in slow traffic - as long as you don't sit in pit lane idling for 15 minutes prior to going out, I can't see a problem.

The RXV and DRZ-E don't have them and I use both on the roads, so just keep moving and you'll be reet.

:dribble:

Dave

Cheers Dave. I suppose i can offset the weight loss with the sidestand that I've decided to put back on, unless i carry my paddock stand around on my back :dribble:

Just bear in mind that the racebikes never run fans, but they do typically have much bigger radiators, and what Millemille says about tuned motors I guess.

Does it still have a temp gauge?

The bike is a lightly tuned 600 (105 bhp ish) so I'm guessing it shouldn't cause me much grief, but I will probably go with Zakalwe's suggestion and leave it on with a yolk mounted switch. I'd better fit a temp gauge too, as it has no lights or gauges at the mo.

The 'spare' connector turned out to be for the fuel pump.........Duh! (picks up fuel tank, notices wire hanging down with connector and Duh! etc :( )

You can go to about 115bhp (what the SRAD 600 supersport bikes genuinely made) at the back wheel with the stock rad and the fan and thermostat removed and be fine.

Woo Hoo! :D that sound too easy....I'll do it, but I reckon I ought to have a temp gauge tho.

Anyone want to buy a fan? :(

Archived