Scored Discs

jago

Hi all,i've got a Galfer Speed kit fitted on my y2k Blade (pads and discs) , they were fitted last summer and only done approx 3k since but have now started to score badly on both sides of both discs . They were fine during the first 500 miles (bedding in) and ok for the next 500 or so miles but now look like shit ! I've had the pads out a few times and rubbed them on a flat surface with emery paper but this has made no difference .The scoring on the discs is not reflected on the pads .I'm thinking of changing the pads to OE as im thinking the Galfer Pads are to hard , but this is supposed to be a matched set ??? Any advice please .

Hi all,i've got a Galfer Speed kit fitted on my y2k Blade (pads and discs) , they were fitted last summer and only done approx 3k since but have now started to score badly on both sides of both discs . They were fine during the first 500 miles (bedding in) and ok for the next 500 or so miles but now look like shit ! I've had the pads out a few times and rubbed them on a flat surface with emery paper but this has made no difference .The scoring on the discs is not reflected on the pads .I'm thinking of changing the pads to OE as im thinking the Galfer Pads are to hard , but this is supposed to be a matched set ??? Any advice please .

If less than 12 months old and fitted with galfer pads, then the warrenty ought to be valid.......dig out your reciept and makea warrenty claim mate. But don't take any bullshit about them being incorrectly fitted.

best of luck

Mark

I bought the kit from Hein Gericke so i could take advantage of their 0% over 10 months offer.I've spoken to the guy who sold them to me and he's said they've got to me returned to the shop in the original packageing including the pads so they can then send them back to the supplyer (performance parts direct) for inspection ?

I bought the kit from Hein Gericke so i could take advantage of their 0% over 10 months offer.I've spoken to the guy who sold them to me and he's said they've got to me returned to the shop in the original packageing including the pads so they can then send them back to the supplyer (performance parts direct) for inspection ?

He's talking bollocks. No way do you require orignal packaging. Under sale of goods act etc they must be fit for purpose and last a reasonable amount of time. As OE discs last a damn sight longer than 5k miles its reasonable to expect Galfer discs to last a simmilar time.

Also legally the onus is on the retailer NOT the manufacturer as your contract is with them. And they have to prove the goods werent fitted correctly etc and not for you to prove that you did.

Either take em back or take your bike down to HG and show em the scoring. And dont take no for an answer. I may also be right in thinking that since you have them on finance you can claim against the credit company???? Would be worth looking into but its been a while since i had my consumer rights hat on so things may have changed.

Had a quick nose online and found this for you to start with. Find out your rights,be firm but polite and dont be bullied by the shop. Its amazing how many store managers dont know the law so take in proof of whats legal to back your case, But above all BE NICE! Calling the manager a twat wont help(even if he is!)

http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/.../page38311.html

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

cheers gents , gonna ride the bike down to the shop so they can see the discs for themselves .I'll let you know how i get on ? Thanks Andy for looking that up for me , at least i can go down there with a better idea of where i stand !

Hope it all goes well for you.

If you sound like you know your legal rights you can bullshit some people into anything. I managed to get out of a £350 electric bill that i was legally bound to pay due to someone not knowing the law. And they were the managers of the payments division at Eastern electricity!

Archived