Is This Normal? Pressure Plate.

connor

I was changing the clutch plates on the 748, all going well, took the springs off and then the pressure plate and on inspection noticed this......

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

It would appear that the springs have been rubbing in the seats and worn through, now its only done 12,800 miles so not massive, any ideas or just one of them things?

Needless to say I've ordered a new pressure plate.

Thats bad mate,, your right in getting a new one..

Id make sure you get the springs tightened to the right torque setting and make sure its all put on properly.. Bout all you can do really mate.

i wonder if putting a metal washer (thin) on the bottom for the spring to sit on would help? As the case is cast alloy it will wear easier but a washer wont iygwim.

Either that or round the edges of the spring seat off so its not so sharp.. Dunno really without looking at it.. Im sure you will sort it or someone will give better advice.

I'd be tempted to make sure that they are oem springs you've got fitted and not something that dangerous dave of dangerous dave auto's has 'recommended'

I've replaced everything with gen ducati items, plates, springs, spring caps, ordered the new pressure plate and bearing but they don't have any in stock at the mo so gotta wait 7 - 10 days, that's a bummer really want to ride it and see the difference now, still rather be safe than sorry.

It all looked kinda odd seeing as its not a high millage bike.

Maybe its had a hard life, my Duc had the pressure plate replaced at 16k, similar condition....

theyre all like that, mister. nothing to worry about. when you put it back together, there is an arrow(top left in your first pic) on the pressure plate that lines up with a mark on one of the spring posts. and dont do them up too tight, just a nip with the wrong end of an allen key. :)

Maybe its had a hard life, my Duc had the pressure plate replaced at 16k, similar condition....

Looks like a common thing then.. As you say Connor "better to be safe than sorry"

poor quality though for a Ducati IMO. :icon_pale:

Archived