No Electrics

Pinkbike1

Gentleman a question and hopefully an answer,I went to Scarborough for the cock o' north races afterwards we went down into Scarborough for fish and chips riding along the front very slow moving traffic, temp gauge was showing 107 deg,the dash went blank then came back on then went blank.Parked up bike cut out battery dead,jump started ok rode home ok started on button when I got home. Any ideas? ( sorry replies will be slow limited access to internet )

Could be the reg/rec on the way out, the heat putting much juice in the battery, cooled down so restarted. May also be something on a connector that the heat expanded causing the cut out, again as its cooled its gone back to normal. Used to get this with the older style coils, play up when warm

Thanks kwak I thought it could be reg/rectifier myself,s guess I better start checking connectors/earths!

suppose I should have mentioned the bike's a '00 929 Fireblade

thats it yam regs will fit but cant remember which model of bike?

thats it yam regs will fit but cant remember which model of bike?

Reg recs are simple devices and pretty much all of them can be adapted.

R6 or R1 one gone on easily. Or get one of a later Honda (post 2001) as they uprated them and fitted them with cooling fins.

is that from the reg/rec or the battery

You'll struggle to tell the two apart as the one is connected directly to the other.

As has been said, check for a decent DC voltage that doesn't go through the roof as you rev it up, it should plateau at about 15-ish volts. I'm sure budgetboy knows the exact numbers but you should also have AC voltage between the 3 wires coming off your alternator, if one's much lower than the others, or not there at all, then you've also got a toasted alternator too.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would update you all on the problem I encountered, took the blade into the garage I use they did a circuit generator had a burnt winding and several others slightly toasty! replaced genny rechecked system everything now a ok!

Archived