Rear Preload Adjustment

Brad6R

Does anyone know if there is a sepcial tool I can use to adjust the rear preload on the ZX10?

You cannot get to it with a C-spanner and the only other way i have seen is a squared off screwdriver, which i dont like the idea of. I can see myself breaking off the alloy lugs with the screwdriver idea.

Any ideas appreciated.

If you can get all the weight off the rear wheel, the swingarm may drop enough to give you room to get the c-spanner on?

I imagine the handbook says something about getting your dealer to do it, after they've patronised the fuck out of you about the factory knowing more about setting the bike up than you do....

don´t fit an ohlins.. they are way overrated and fooking expensive.. wilbers,wp,technoflex

as said above , get a mate to lift the rear a bit to take the weight off the shock.. is it a wheelbarrow model? take the exhausts off, much simpler

don´t fit an ohlins.. they are way overrated and fooking expensive.. wilbers,wp,technoflex

as said above , get a mate to lift the rear a bit to take the weight off the shock.. is it a wheelbarrow model? take the exhausts off, much simpler

Was telling Brad about the zx10r press bike we "adjusted" the preload on at your place with a mallet and a long-nose screwdriver... the pile of swarf lying under the bike was about all that remained of the chewed-up shock collar by the end of it! :)

Ah, press-bikes...

-John

Was telling Brad about the zx10r press bike we "adjusted" the preload on at your place with a mallet and a long-nose screwdriver... the pile of swarf lying under the bike was about all that remained of the chewed-up shock collar by the end of it! :eusa_whistle:

Ah, press-bikes...

-John

Was that the one you "parked" at the ring John? Coincedence?

Was that the one you "parked" at the ring John? Coincedence?

Are you suggesting that a bike Bren and I carefully set-up might have made it so unrideable that it was written off the very next track session....?

I had no idea we had met before tootall! :eusa_whistle:

-John

Does anyone know if there is a sepcial tool I can use to adjust the rear preload on the ZX10?

You cannot get to it with a C-spanner and the only other way i have seen is a squared off screwdriver, which i dont like the idea of. I can see myself breaking off the alloy lugs with the screwdriver idea.

Any ideas appreciated.

Easiest route seems like hard work but it pays off, take the shock out and you can adjust it in seconds. This sounds extreme but It was Andy White at Kais who changed my mind, certainly works for my 600rr.

Have fun and FFS don't hit it with anything, you're not supposed to hit bikes, you hit things with them , or is that just me.

Mark

Archived