X7 big bore kits?

old blue

Hey all.

I've got an old X7 in the shed that's in perfect condition, the engine's just tired. The time has come for a restoration...I'm too fond of the ol' girl to sell her. So I thought that while I had the engine in bits, I may as well give it a bit more go.

I've heard rumours of 275cc big bore kits available over in that yonder UK of yours. If such things exist, can someone please give me some contact details of the suppliers? Oh, and if anyone can recommend a contact for a good set of performance spannies, that'd be great, too.

Probably all sound like pretty obvious questions, but X7's aren't exactly common over here in the colonies, and the tyranny of distance is still pretty real. Looking forward to seeing what all this costs...last time I checked one of your quid was worth, oh about a dozen Oz bucks...

Cheers!

O.B

The X7 Owners Club put on a decent display at some of the classic bike shows in the UK. I'd start by picking their brains I think. They're here : suzuki-gt.co.uk.

Not sure if this one is the same people or not ? Might be useful anyway.

Cheers blokes!

The red Oz X7 on the 'Seventh Heaven' site is actually mine...pics posted many years ago. I've emailed both of the outfits you listed here recently, but never got a reply. There's that tyranny of distance thing again maybe...or perhaps I just didn't put enough stamps on the emails!

I can do all the mechanical work myself easy enough. I guess what I'm really after is just a place from which I can order a set of big bore pistons, rings and gaskets, have 'em shipped over to Oz and just get stuck in. The old X7 is by no means my primary bike, but I'd love to get it back into fighting trim just for the occasional blast through the hills.

Appreciate any help. Looking forward to seeing "PB Australia" one day. Must......keep.....holding....breath!

O.B

Old Blue, on the 7heaven site, a little lower than your bike is some pics of my dads, when he started his "wayne allen" its nothing like that now, Very close to finishing now. It has microns, ts125 conrods, micron box section swingarm, aluminium torx arm, k&n's, the wheels are also satin black and look very nice. I will try and get some pics of it to you. To many other distracting projects. I remember reading that the X7 barrles can be over bored to 270cc. as for the pistons i cant help :icon_salut:

Mick Abbey is currently knocking 30 quid of the normal price of a tune!! You might want to contact him quick before the offer ends..

I proddy raced an X7 (until the Yamaha LC appeared!) and they are a lot of fun!! Still have a fond place in my heart for them..

Do put up some pics when you have given it the fresh up..

Hey.

One thing I love about stinkies is that the moment you ask a question, the faithful rise up to help! Excellent - thanks in particular Ninja & BK. I'll follow up the TSS lead. Might be a good excuse for a quick (!) trip to the tropical north....

I know for a fact that there is a ready-to-go 275cc kit knocking around somewhere in the UK. Just gotta keep trawling around to find who does it. Naturally, pistons are the biggest challenge.

Oh, and Sean...yeah, I remember your Dad's bike. Sounds like it's come a long way. Sweet!

I normally ride a ZX/6, but my brother will have his RZ350R (believe you folks call that a Powervalve) back on the road one day, and it'd be fun for a change to thrash a skinny-tyred old stinkwheel through the hills.

Thanks again - all tips and info veeery welcome. I owe you all a beer. Drop by some time!

O.B

Thanks again folks and in particular Ninja for the tip on the TSS website.

I've since been trading emails with Steve at TSS (ex Derbyshire apparently, now here in Oz..) and he is the best kind of lunatic. More than helpful with everything I need for the humble X7....and as for the TSS 500cc engine in the Aprilia RS...sell my clothes, I'm goin' to Heaven!

I can heartily recommend the site and them thar people behind it all. Talk about the 2 stroke faithful!

O.B

Archived