getting more power from a fzr600

addiction269

sold off all my spares and now im lleft with what i need apart from a a really quick engine, 140 tops whats the best and most economical way of getting more speed/power? jetting? boring out etc

sold off all my spares and now im lleft with what i need apart from a a really quick engine, 140 tops whats the best and most economical way of getting more speed/power? jetting? boring out etc

Forsyth's project FZR from the mid/late 90s was a 695, I believe....

I'll try to dig out some specs if you want...

Dave

Forsyth's project FZR from the mid/late 90s was a 695, I believe....

I'll try to dig out some specs if you want...

Dave

that was a wicked bike from what i remember, mags have long gone tho, ex wife made me throw them out .....cow...!!

i was gonna say put a owo1 or fzr1000 engine in there ,that'll make it go faster

mark

if you could find those specs thatd be great, i want to keep it as standard as i can otherwise may as well get a track bike that'll do what i want.

if you could find those specs thatd be great, i want to keep it as standard as i can otherwise may as well get a track bike that'll do what i want.

The 695, as the name suggests, was anything but standard.

Just about every component, chassis, running gear and motor was removed, checked and, if possible, tweaked/improved/replaced...

Dave

The con-rods on those where wank, used to ovalise the small ends when you revved the tits off them, I'd be dubious about trying to screw more power out of it without changing them = big money for decent rods

I seem to remember you could have the oem rods rebushed to stop the small ends ovalling. Doesn't the FZR600 motor drop straight into the alloy FZR400 chassis?

The 695, as the name suggests, was anything but standard.

Just about every component, chassis, running gear and motor was removed, checked and, if possible, tweaked/improved/replaced...

Dave

It was a bit of a turd when Kev bought it, and it burned as much oil as it did petrol.

I seem to remember you could have the oem rods rebushed to stop the small ends ovalling. Doesn't the FZR600 motor drop straight into the alloy FZR400 chassis?

Yes more or less.

FZR400R 3EN2 - see the similarity with your frame and engine ?

Black3en202.jpg

Ok - the FZR in the PB mag was a Foxeye which had the 4JH engine in (that went on to the ThunderCat). You can get a big piston kit to take it to 660 and if you combine it with the longer stroke 3HE crank you get a 720 ish engine. As I say though it's really your frame that holds you back.

Then there's the Bimota YB9 which used the 4JH too but obviously had much better frame and running gear ...

yb9sr-051-ag.jpg

You can get a big piston kit to take it to 660 and if you combine it with the longer stroke 3HE crank you get a 720 ish engine. As I say though it's really your frame that holds you back.

Now you mention it, it might have been the CBR6 that was part of the same project that was taken out to 695, with the FZR being 720cc.......

:eusa_whistle:

Dave

Have you nicked me bike.........................................I have one too

Yep ... it's a 3en2 too !!!

Mine has 600 wheels, 520 chain ... yada yada.

I've also got a 3TJ ... come over to www.400greybike.co.uk there's a section for the FZR's.

love to - but was trying to keep the price down and keep it looking quite standard as im gonna restore it to new - dunno why but gives me summat to do!

Have you nicked me bike.........................................I have one too

Yep ... it's a 3en2 too !!!

Mine has 600 wheels, 520 chain ... yada yada.

I've also got a 3TJ ... come over to www.400greybike.co.uk there's a section for the FZR's.

I followed you 3en2 rebuild....you finished it in white and red/ black speed blocks IIRC :pbtwerplr3:

Why put 600 wheels on?......are they 3he or 4jh?

Had a look at the fzr's 400 on gb :rolleyes:

I followed you 3en2 rebuild....you finished it in white and red/ black speed blocks IIRC :eusa_dance:

Why put 600 wheels on?......are they 3he or 4jh?

Had a look at the fzr's 400 on gb :icon_salut:

Same model different bike ... it was white with R6 Rossi stickers

04FRONTRIGHT.jpg3en2fin02.jpg

The black one has a few things done to it ... the wheels were on it when I bought it. I've got a straight through race pipe if I can be botherred to fit it, like the R6 shock ... it's got EBC discs too

But back on topic ... have a look at Kent Cams they can regrind your cams which could perk it up a little

was running a t25 but changed to a t28 cos the t25 boosted to fast. max boost was about 4000 rpm it was unrideable. with the t28 you dont get to full boost till about 7000 rpm. then is hold on time. max boost i am running is 10 psi. i might turn it up to 13 psi this year. have a look on utube for turbor1steve i put some vids up when i was at donnington.

Archived