Honda Rs250 Lightweight Rear Brake Options

drunkn munky

I should start off that i dont own a RS250 but im fitting a RS HRC axle to a NC30 and am looking for options to lose as much weight as possible from the brake setup. Ive seen that breadline racing offer a alloy rear disc for the RS yet they dont mention the model/years that it fits, so are all RS250 rear discs the same weather it be single sided swinger or conventional setup?

Link to alloy rear disc http://www.breadlineracing.com/rs250partsprice.html

Pic of axle

DSC03745.jpg

Pics fitted to the NC

DSCF0312.jpg

DSCF0308.jpg

Next up is the caliper, would anyone happen to know mounting point holes distance on the RS caliper?

Don't want to sound like a prick, but have you coppergreased the hub?? It should be fitted dry or you'll risk it sliding in the swingarm.

I might know source for alloy disc to fit NC caliper, if the RS doesn't work out..

Ronni

:facepalm: yeah i have copper greased it, thought id try and stop it getting in the siezed state it was in when i removed it but i now see your point.

Id be interested in a alloy NC disc anyway if you know of one ronni

Good read that cheers wazrs, I use the back brake enough to warrent having something usable there so looks like a standard disc is the way forward and maybe drill the holes bigger.

The GBmoto caliper looks like a winner tho, cheers for bringing my attention to that

Archived