Gsxr1000 Fuelling Help - Very Sharp Pickup

rich7/12

Hi,

I need to ask for help again!

My GSXR1000k4 is suffering a very sharp and unpredictable pickup off a close throttle - just as I'm wanting to feed it in to exit a corner - very unsettling and knocking my confidence.

The bike's got a K&N, PCII USB and a full race Micron system.

Is there a quick fix map tweak anyone could suggest or is it bite the bullet and book a dyno?

Added complication is that I'm at Anglesey on the 19th so very little time to get it right before next outing!!

Thanks in advance...

Try downloading maps from dyno jet website there will be multiple ones for end can, full system etc, load the one closest to your spec and give it a try, when I got my bike it had all the bits on it and was a bit snatchy I reloaded a map for race can and air filter onto my pc3 and has been spot on ever since

Thanks fella - can't be much worse I think.

Any recommendations for a local dyno just in case I need to expolre that?

I'm in Cheshire - Loz - where did you get the 675 done??

Rich, check to see if the Accelerator Pump feature on the PC3 is enabled or not.

There's a dyno just opened up in Wallasey - http://www.autosportnorth.com

Give us a shout if you need a copy of my map if all else fails.

Rich, the 675 was done miles away, Projex in cradley heath in the black country, about an hour south of you, I was down there to visit my nan anyway. That said, if you're struggling to find anywhere local that can squeeze you in, it's well worth the trip, the bloke's really nice and he's got all the time in the world to sort your bike, he'll show you what he's doing as he does it, explaining why etc.

Thinking on ... It may be worth checking out your TPS as well, as these have a habit of going tits up.

You can test it with a multi-meter, or for a quick check, power up your PC3 with a PP3 battery (or run the bike, but this is noisey )and check the throttle position value in the power-commander software.

Chaps!

Thanks for the feedback - I'll try and eliminate any accellerator pump / TPS issues first and then try Mike's map tweak and go from there...

Thanks again!

Rich

Well - some definite progress - the TPS needed adjusting according to the manual/service switch after which it definitely felt a little better.

So then I plugged in the laptop and tweaked up the map on the 0 / 2 / 5 /10 throttle openings a touch - quick spin and it's better again.

Certainly feels a lot more rideable than before - will see how I get on next sat at Anglesey :)

Thanks again fellas.

Rich, check to see if the accelerator pump option is enabled or disabled on the powercommander.

This allows you to add a certain percentage of fuel per so many revolutions at a certain throttle opening. :)

Archived