Do TRE's Make a difference?

awood12345

Hi Guys,

Do TRE's make a difference, more specifically the SGMotorsport one? They claim to release a bit more power in the first 4 gears and de-limit the top end. Worth getting one or shall I save my £60?

Bikes not really had much done to it, it's a GSXR1000 with a powercommander (custom map), a yoshi slip on and I felt like adding something else.

Cheers,

Alan

I'll look into what ones people are using on the gsxr's then don't want any cheap tat lol :icon_bounce:. Shame about the gear indicator thing, cruising on the gsxr that usefull. But a bit more power in lower gears would be nice, do Christie Automotive have a website at all I can't find it?

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get a TRE in the end then? I researched these things to death a while ago... I've got a Christie's smart TRE for my GSXR 750 K6 you can have if you want. Dunno if it's compatible with the thou but worth a try for nowt if you like? Personally I wouldn't bother though. It did make the power delivery more urgent in the lower gears, which certainly gave the impression of more acceleration, but I'm not convinced the negatives are worth it for any very small perceived increase in performance.

Was chatting with a crescent suzuki mechanic about his opinion on them couple of years ago-He said not to bother.Only experience i've had is fitting one to a zx10,1 year on it came in with the engine not running so well and sure enough i removed the TRE and it was fine again.

Archived