Steel Rolling

dodgy_tom

Is there anyone on here who might be able to help me out? I need some steel rolling to make a reverse-cone megaphone with short tube outlet. I can provide drawings if there is anyone?

Fingers crossed...

Tom, i'll take a look in work and see if I can dig out a small set of rollers anywhere, but I have a strange feeling they've been binned. :eusa_whistle:

Cheers Trigger, if I can't find anything, then I may have found a source stateside.

google burns stainless they sell them pre made in the usa

any general engineer should be able to roll them for you,try sheet metal shops for this first

Any chance you can find out for me please Tootall? I can get the cones from the states for a very reasonable $30, but shipping is $55...

Will ring him today. Are you supplying the steel? What grade/gauge are you after using?

You need to make up a set of sheet-metal rollers.

Here's a set that I prepared earlier.

00002-8.jpg

I've machined the top roller into a taper so that I can weld in the roller without releasing the tension on the sheetmetal. It stops any distortion from occurring.

I use 1.2mm sheetmetal.

A guillotine will come in damn handy too. I knocked this one up out of shit I had lying around.

00001-8.jpg

This is the only picture I have of a raw one.

00001-9.jpg

I weld them with the oxy-acetylene set.

Nice set up Intra. I've managed to find a guy not too far away who can do them for me so will see how they turn out. I've sprung for a tig welder too...

Archived