Tubeless Tyre Fitted With A Tube (Spoked Rim)

Inbred

I recently bought a DRZ400SM to use as a more fun commute tool.

By chance I notice that the rear tyre is marked tubeless, it must have a tube in it as it is a spoked rim. The tyre is the correct size I just wondered whether this is ok.?

Normally I wouldn't be worried, but since I got it the itty bitty chicken strips that where on it have dispeared and I appear to be right off the edge of the tyre. This is not how my chicken strips normally look!

I wondered if this was as a result of it being a tubeless tyre fitted with a tube, particulalrly as it been wet everytime I have ridden it and I do not think that I have had it over that much.

I had the same on my old DRZ400E, never had a problem. I used a 140 section Michelin Pilot Activ on the rear as I did not have enough chain clearance to run a 150 tyre, but I think your SM runs 150 rears as standard?

Any pics of the tyre? It probably has quite a tall aspect ratio, so it does not take too much to get it to the edge. As long as you feel safe and confident in the saddle, I wouldn't worry about it.

You might find it useful to adapt your riding style if you had road bikes before the DRZ, try laying the bike into the corner whilst keeping your upper body central, sort of push the handlebars into the corners IYSWIM. Hang your foot out forwards if you are really going for it.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_uVuGfkMHsMU/Sq3YfBlajII/AAAAAAAACB8/K92DCc42Rgo/DSC03667.JPG

Once you get really good you can do it like this :thumbsup:

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=291979&d=1262827380

supposed to be illegal to fit a tube to a tubless tyre, coz tubless tyres have ribbed inner srface which can rub on the tube

however, avon distanzia's are tubless but it says on the sidewall, 'fit tube when fitting to tubed rim'

so i don't fucking know anymore

does it say on the tyre sidewall that can be fitted with a tube on tubed rims?

does it say on the tyre sidewall that can be fitted with a tube on tubed rims?

Yes it does, directy, yes directly under the word tubeless.

I am surprised I can tie my own shoes sometimes, oh wait, look, they have velcro. :pbtwerplr3:

Archived