Help! I An A Dingbat! Elecrical Fualt.....

harry-h1

Oh god here we go..... yes i have been a dingbat and somehow wired my battery up the wrong way on my 2008 r1.

it blew the main fuse which i have replaced but it still wont start...

basically what happens is:

turn key and it all lights up and doesnt show any fault codes,

i can hear the fuel pump working,

press the starter and the starter motor turns over nice,

but she wont kick into life.....

its not a faulty sisdestand switch as that has been isolated years ago but i have noticed is the bazzaz unit does not light up.

do i have no power to the ecu and bazzaz? someone please tell me there is a naughty fuse im missing..... ive checked all the ones behind the left front fairing and the two behind the battery that sit in the relay....... any help pleeeeease.........

p.s. yes i do feel stupid......

Does your bazzaz have an inline fuse? And does the bike have an alarm?

good thinking, i will check... off to bazzaz site i go......

no alarm.......

If it has no inline fuse, which would be a bit of a suprise given the price of the things, then I'd be tempted to unhook it from your ecu and see if the bike starts to narrow your possibilities down.

just had a look and i think that ive pulled the switched red power wire when moving the whole loom forward as i had to replace a broken harris rear subframe....

if memory serves me right this wire was hardwired into the rear brake light harness....... to the bat cave i go............... fingers crossed.....

back from the man cave....... i was the red switched wire that had snapped when i was moving the wiring about.....

Thanks to all that helped.......

Archived