Gsxr 750 K6 Poor Running

Robbo123

Hi i've got a k6 750 that has a problem from cold it wont pull cleanly through the rev range it just splutters coughs and then revs on this is only when cold after about 5 miles it clears and runs fine however it does seem to be using more fuel than normal.it has a full arrow system with power com fitted and setup by dynojet uk. it has also got a speedo heeler on to correct the odometer after a change of sprockets any ideas please ???? it has only done 8k miles and also has cooked its regi /rec once.cheers .

update!!!! changed the plugs it is now running a lot better however its still drinking fuel 70 miles and the fuel light is on thats defo not right, the old plugs looked ok when i removed them so it doesnt look like its running rich wtf???

Silly question.. You dont think your Power Commander is playing up do you?

It sounds like its putting too much fuel in if it is drinking it as you say..I would have the thing looked at if i were you as i don't think it is a simple fix at home.

Fuel light could be on due to a short or faulty fuel sender unit. But IMO get it looked at.

update!!!! changed the plugs it is now running a lot better however its still drinking fuel 70 miles and the fuel light is on thats defo not right, the old plugs looked ok when i removed them so it doesnt look like its running rich wtf???

Depends on how you're using it TBH. (Although if the Power Commander is fuelling it properly, you should be getting more mileage than that)

I used to get between 90 - 110 miles to a tank on my k8 before the reserve light came on and i was running a full system with no fuelling adjustments.

Is there any way you can easily disconnect the power commander and see if that solves the rough running? At least if it doesn't, then you've eliminated the PC as the cause of the problem...

Thanks for the thoughts, dont think disconnecting the PC will work ? i'm still wondering if the speedo heeler is affecting the PC but i'm tempted to get it on a dyno to see what's going on.

Do you know if anyone has been fiddling with the TPS. I know some owners adjust it to reduce the snatchy throttle responses that can happen around 4000rpm.

This can make them run rich.

Archived