Cbr 600 Steel Frame Track Bike Advice

moto66

Hey guys, just wondered if anyone knew how to remove or disable the DAI system & solenoid on a cbr 600 fv, I'm building a track/race bike with a view to doing a few track days & maybe some steel frame pre 98 club races, any info appreciated.

Cheers

I think it's just a bypass of the solenoid, leave the DAI scoop in. Solenoid and secondary pipes don't do anything apart from noise / emissions. I know the secondary tubes in the carbed kawi ramair bikes are essential, but the Honda system is different

I've got an fx that has all that stuff bypassed (ripped out), it runs fine.

Thanks for the info, I'll just take out the solenoid & secondary pipes, do you know if you have to blank any holes of.

I thought that a couple of the secondary pipes actually fed air into the carbs, dont know if this is the case or not.

Cheers.

From what I understand, below 20mph the secondary tubes with the yellow arrows that are before the solenoid are acting on the vacuum chambers, these are the ones you can remove along with the solenoid. Above 20mph the pink arrowed tubes act on the outer branches and light blue arrowed tubes act on the central branch to the chambers, these must stay connected. Join the pink arrowed tube on the LHS of the aibox to the tube that branches to the outer t pieces.

It might run a tiny bit rough (unlikely though) below 20mph, but you won't be worrying about that on track

DAI3.jpg

EDIT - just to say that my first post is confusing (sorry). The bits that are ripped out are the tubes leading to the solenoid and the solenoid itself. The chambers are acted upon by the tubes off the side of the airbox, unlike the Kawi where the secondary tubes running to the intake are in use all the time and must be kept.

Archived