Akrapovic Full System On Zx10

Dom

Soooo, finally got around to fitting the Akraprovic Evo system I picked up last year - it went on okay with minimal swearing and only a couple of scuffed knuckles on the radiator. I have noticed a couple of things though:

1) There appears to be a whiff of exhaust fumes around the headers when I start the bike up - is this normal? It goes away quite quickly (assume everything expands a bit as the exhaust heats up?). There isn't any movement in the headers i.e. I can't push them into the ports any further.

2) The bastard spits fire! If I give it some decent revs and then chop the throttle I get some fairly cool flames but am fairly sure that it's not good for the muffler. I've applied the relevant map from the Dynojet website and will eventually get around to a custom one. Does anybody else get the odd bit of flame-age from a full system?

Otherwise all good: fitted a servo buddy and removed the exhaust value motor and cables. Serviced the brakes while I was at it too. Some good fettling has taken place over the last couple of days, hopefully a bit more tomorrow/Monday too! :thumbsup:

It appears to be fairly loud at the engine end rather than the zorst end - is this normal? I took it all apart again today and refitted so the headers are definitely pushed all the way into the collars?

I've changed my mind - it doesn't just sound "loud", it sounds shit. There is almost like a ticking sound when on the gas and I'm quite sure it's an exhaust leak but the de-structions state that you can re-use the the existing gasket and that gaskets aren't even necessary? Has anybody fitted a full Akrapovic? Did you replace the gaskets at the same time? Ta.

what model is it dude? I can't help i was just interested as i couldn't find one for my c2

what model is it dude? I can't help i was just interested as i couldn't find one for my c2

2005 C2H - I picked up a second hand one off the ZX10R forum around December time.

Dom, does it have the springs on the collars are they still really hard to get on? maybe they've got a bit slack and aren't holding the downpipes in place & causing it to leak. I knew a bloke that used a really thin smear of sealant around his headers and collars but that was on a micron system I think.

Archived