Fueltank Breathers/valves

blur1

Does anyone know where to buy the breather valves you see in race bike fuel tanks that go inline/inside the clear breather hose that comes out the top of racing petrol tanks?

My carbon tank has the outlet i put clear hose onto, but it splutters fuel up the hose when it's either full or the tank sits in the sun etc (pressure changes)

i want to put something in the clear line to slow/eliminate this.

I got mine from Dennis Trollope Racing. I see he's selling them with hose and a TZ catch tank, but he may sell you one on its own. I've also got a carbon tank fitted to my R1, with a similar breather arrangement to yours. The valve won't stop fuel being forced down the breather pipe by expansion, and ending up in the catch tank -- the only way I've found to avoid this is to not brim the tank. Provided you leave enough of an air gap, there's minimal overflow. I've got foam inside my tank, which also helps stop surging and splashing. If you don't have similar, that may be contributing to it.

I got mine from Dennis Trollope Racing. I see he's selling them with hose and a TZ catch tank, but he may sell you one on its own. I've also got a carbon tank fitted to my R1, with a similar breather arrangement to yours. The valve won't stop fuel being forced down the breather pipe by expansion, and ending up in the catch tank -- the only way I've found to avoid this is to not brim the tank. Provided you leave enough of an air gap, there's minimal overflow. I've got foam inside my tank, which also helps stop surging and splashing. If you don't have similar, that may be contributing to it.

thanks. yes my tank is full of baffle foam too. my vent hose does not go to a catch tank though. it just vents to atmosphere down the center of my triple clamps and any 'dripping' ends up on top of my front guard.

i think i'd better look into a catch tank.

thanks to all the links so far guys. :thumbsup:

Archived