Nsr250 Mc16 New Colours For 2012

2Smoke

Had a bit of time in the shed so have been cleaning the NSR up, it's now gone from

TYE_3326.jpg

To

nsr1.jpg

nsr2.jpg

nsr3.jpg

Had a bit of a spaz-out in the paint shop!

Few more jobs to do then it's ready for next weekends race!

Top job by Martin'77 on yet another set of pipes and some more engine work!

Meh the yellow was cursed... Never mind the paint, how about the 90's stylee polished frame, bare alloy swingarm, new pipes?

I reckon the yellow only looks better in pictures because the non metalics show off the curves of the fairings more.

but in real life you can see those curves regardless of the paint colour so I reckon it'd look pretty good in person with its current paint scheme.

going to leave it as is? or pop some tasty graphics over the top?

some graphics in the same metalic blue for number boards and for the belly pan might look tidy !

Meh the yellow was cursed... Never mind the paint, how about the 90's stylee polished frame, bare alloy swingarm, new pipes?

The rest of it looks sweet. Are those Michelin power tyres? How good are they? I've got a race scrub from an RS125 on the back of my Aprilia, but haven't had time to try it out yet.

I reckon the yellow only looks better in pictures because the non metalics show off the curves of the fairings more.

but in real life you can see those curves regardless of the paint colour so I reckon it'd look pretty good in person with its current paint scheme.

going to leave it as is? or pop some tasty graphics over the top?

some graphics in the same metalic blue for number boards and for the belly pan might look tidy !

The yellow looked pretty poor in 'real life'! Going to fit some graphics, mainly just sponsor adverts etc, maybe some other stuff, see what I can come up with! Green number boards unfortunately! Will get some stuff together this week and report back :)

The rest of it looks sweet. Are those Michelin power tyres? How good are they? I've got a race scrub from an RS125 on the back of my Aprilia, but haven't had time to try it out yet.

Yes mate, mich power1's got them off drunkenmunky of this parish, awesome rubber, really rate them! Shame they are like £300 a set....!!

A superfast guy in F400 with us on an Aprilia 250 used to really rate the Power 1 front. He reckoned the Pirelli (Supercorsa SC) rear was better though.

If that's a 3" front (it looks like one) then they may be the best available choice. Pirelli list 110 & 150 Supercorsa's and I have seen a pair but you try finding them. And as you said big money.

Innit mate, will test the Power1's in the first race of the season on Sunday. All the 400 lads use them and rate them well.. They are a fair bit cheaper for the 400's though, £259 a pair compared to over £300 for the 110/150 sizes. Almost enough to make me consider getting wider rims...

• 3 months later...

Well had a good weekends racing at last with the NSR, got rid of a few niggles and it seems to have come good!

Dry clutch up and running, back to using a charging system and some bigger balls!

First race back at Anglesey in 2 years and I won 3 of the 4 races! Happy days!

324003_10151017176877701_970495691_o.jpg

THis wouldn't have been possible without the help of Martin 77 and Fontyyy! And the guys over at NSR-World!

• 1 month later...

Still going well sometimes, seems Tonfanau isn't my circuit this year, been 3 times, not yet finished a race there yet! :eusa_think:

413538_423179561061455_796225908_o.jpg

Aintree next weekend, with its 2-stroke killing back straight, I'll be happy to just finish a race there :biggrinvk4:

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh facking hell"

20120915_114131.jpg

2nd practice session, down the 1/2 mile back straight and it went on me.

Fitted a stock cylinder and piston, made it out in both the days races so fairly happy about that.

Thinking wrong head volume, need to buy a burette and do some measuring. Rear cylinder is mint!

The new HRC gearbox works well, struggling to get it off the line though. Need more practice. NF5 forks seemed to be working on the bumpy Aintree circuit fairly well. God it's a fast track :icon_bounce:

Ignition was another question, but it's fixed so I'd have thought the rear cylinder (which is running 2 sizes smaller MJ) would have done something. Unless it's a combination of the 2. Or it's taking air in somewhere..

That is most definantly to much advance. If it was the the primary drive side/RH/down cylinder they effectively lag behind the flywheel side and advance the timing. The other thing is your crankpins may not be in line anymore. You have to have separate timing marks for the RH cyl. With a programmable ignition we normaly pull 1.5deg out of the primary drive side.

Interesting, something I hadn't really thought of, was that with these cylinders I'm running RM pistons, and I've had to remove .8mm off the base of the barrel due to a slightly shorter pin-crown distance. This will mean a different timing advance?

No that will not effect timing only a different length rod would effect timing slightly. I think what 2T is saying is check your timing on both cylinders as the crank may be twisted slightly and the timing mark on the one side may not be right for the other side piston. Do a physical check of the piston position at the timing mark and/or time them both with a strobe.

Archived