Any Ktm Lc4 640 Experts Out There

vale

just been round a mates house who as a w reg lc4, he was out riding it when he said the exhaust got loud. but on a closer look there is a hole between the exhaust ports. without taking the engine out and having a look i don't know if there is a thread in there. can anyone shed any light on this.

From memory there's a 10mm steel pipe that goes in there which is part odf the emissions gubins, it goes to a solenoid on the other end. ISTR it being held on place with an m6 screw and clamp plate. I took it all of my last lc4, though you have to bung up the hole

If it sudenly got louder when riding, it suggests the pipe fell of then, is it still connected to the bike? it goes via a ruber hose to a solenoid on the cylinder head under the tank, again this is all from my hazy memory.

I left the pipe in the head on mine, but shortened it and welded a cap on it.

I puzzled the same question when i changed a 640 SM head, as SD says it's emissions related, some models have it and some don't.

KTM do an Ally bung that plugs the hole and is held in by the 2 exhaust manifolds, or rather it was in the one i did.

Part Numbers

58336024000 PLUG SAS BORE

58436054000 CU-SEAL RING 12 X 16 X 2

From here http://www.ktmpartfinder.com/

Cheers

Chris

Archived