Zx7R Front Caliper Options?

stuntman

I've reached the stage all 7r owners get to, I'm hacked off with my 6 pots.

I know bandit (gsf) 1200 nissin 4 pots fit, but are there any other options that i can hunt ebay for?

I'm after picking up a set in the next couple of days as I've just ripped out my front forks to be revalved and flushed and I'll be dropping them into a mates tomorrow to be done and I should get them back in 24/48 hours, I want to be able to fit them all together this week so I can get it mot'd.

Thanks fellas

Options so far are:

Bandit 1200

92-93 GSX-R 600

88-95 GSX-R 750

95-96 RF900R

I've found a couple of references to Triumph speed triple calipers being viable but I can't find out for sure.

From the fuck all technical knowledge section......

Believe I have RGV250 calipers and a zx6r master cylinder on mine.

Set up approved by the brake set up "trial and error Master" Lorenzo of this ere parish and by fuck does it stop now!

TBH anything is better than those fucking disatrous 6 pots.

What the others have said and beaten me too it, 90mm mount spacing is what you need if that helps on the triumph front, sure there was someone making radial brake adaptor plates on here or ebay as well

What the others have said and beaten me too it, 90mm mount spacing is what you need if that helps on the triumph front, sure there was someone making radial brake adaptor plates on here or ebay as well

Got a set of those adaptor plates for my ZX9 as I finally cried enough with the 6 pots, got them on with a set of R6/1 calipers and what a difference, cost me about £150 all in (but that'd vary depending what you get calipers for)

DryFitmenttoforksaligementcheck.jpg

Want a set of those.

My H1 racebike has 98 model GSXR600 SRAD brakes on it, and as you said the Bandit 12 is a goer, but so is the TL1000s - uses the same caliper.

I'm probably repeating what's been said already but all of the following should bolt straight on:

Suzuki TL1000s, RGV250 (vj22) , Bandit 1200, SRAD600 and GSXR400 (GK76)

Ive also heard the Triumph calipers are the same but with their name on instead of Tokico or nissin.

Should be able to find some of these on e-bay......

Hello chaps, I eventually managed to sort out a set of 1200 bandit calipers that had been rebuilt with new pads.

I will go to radial's if I can get a set of mounts.

But my front forks are off being rebuilt :iconthumbsdownkq8: so the money for this month has dried up!

Archived