CBX550 front end

coppersaucepipe

Does anybody know what front ends will just bolt on to a CBX550 (other than another cbx550 front end)? My mate is looking to dump his over engineered cbx front end with seized enclosed discs and naff antidive and fit a more conventional set up, preferably with a 17" front wheel.

Ta

look and see which headbearings fit then cross match to other bikes ! then all you have to do is find out the lenght of the steerer tube of the forks that take the same bearings

It worked for me now I have a zxr 400 h1 front fork set up on my zephyr 550 .just had to drill the top yoke to mount the bars !

hope this gives you a start point ?

look and see which headbearings fit then cross match to other bikes ! then all you have to do is find out the lenght of the steerer tube of the forks that take the same bearings

It worked for me now I have a zxr 400 h1 front fork set up on my zephyr 550 .just had to drill the top yoke to mount the bars !

hope this gives you a start point ?

Bandit front ends can usually be had for the right sort of money, a good 600 front end should be the best option I reckin.

I bought a full gsxf front end and back wheel too for less than £70 a few months back. Just shop about a bit, loads of things can be made to fit. Measure the uncomressed length and so long as it's not much more than an inch shorter you'll be OK, I'm sure.

Archived