250Gp Chassis Drawings

Superdunc

I'm in the early planning stages of a new project. I'll be building the frame and swinger from scratch, I've just sourced a set of empty engine cases to measure up, but need some dimensions to start doing layouts.

I want to build the bike around late 250gp geometry so need all the critical dimensions. Swing arm length, rake and trail, swing arm pivot height, front sproket position etc.

If anyone can point me in the direction of where I could find this info it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Duncan

i asked a similar question recently and someone posted a link to the rs250's specs and dimensions. no idea where it is though, i'll go look.

Yeh, got that thanks, but it only gives rake and wheel base. I could do with a lot more detail, spring rates, velocity ratios for the rear shock linkage, etc.

If you have a side on bodywork off shot of the bike you'd like to replicate you could raster it into your CAD program and scale it to a know dimension. Brake disks are good for this. Then take whatever measurements you need.

Could be. where in the country are you?

If you have a side on bodywork off shot of the bike you'd like to replicate you could raster it into your CAD program and scale it to a know dimension. Brake disks are good for this. Then take whatever measurements you need.

My CAD program yesterday.

soveriegn-stand-drawing-board.jpg

:biggrinvk4: Could still use the same principle though.

I'm in the early planning stages of a new project. I'll be building the frame and swinger from scratch, I've just sourced a set of empty engine cases to measure up, but need some dimensions to start doing layouts.

I want to build the bike around late 250gp geometry so need all the critical dimensions. Swing arm length, rake and trail, swing arm pivot height, front sproket position etc.

If anyone can point me in the direction of where I could find this info it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Duncan

Duncan do you have John Bradley's books 'The Racing Motorcycle Vol 1&2' ? If not buy them because they will be refered to many many times on this sort of project. Nearly all the info you ask for is in those books.

Duncan do you have John Bradley's books 'The Racing Motorcycle Vol 1&2' ? If not buy them because they will be refered to many many times on this sort of project. Nearly all the info you ask for is in those books.

Got both of them thanks. :thumbsup: But again the specific info I'm after is limited.

have a tz250a chassis you can look at

Thanks, but I'm looking for something more modern.

Any plans to build a frame depend on what engine you plan to use a vee twin can be made a lot smaller than a parallel twin, a straingt 4 would need a totally different frame,

so what motor do you plan to use

SXV 550.

cool. fontyyy must have some info laying around? he will certainly know where a v twin rs is surely.

SXV 550.

I see, a 2 stroke race bike not unreliable enough for you, huh...

I see, a 2 stroke race bike not unreliable enough for you, huh...

Nope, Superdunc likes expensive unreliability :lol:

Gits. Loz you've seen how much abuse my SXV* takes.

* thats the SXV thats sat at the back of my garage for the last 6months because it refuses to run on both cylinders.

Oooh you lucky bugger, what are your plans for it?

A couple of forum people hav already gone out of there way to get me some data, which is very much appreciated. but if you could get me some measurements from an atual bike, that would be great too.

Dunc, Recieving a new stock 2009 TZ 250 mid-next week, Could do some measuring for you?

Spawny bastard.

Sorry for the delay,been trying to let you know I'm in leicester but the forum was having a wobbly.Bike will be at Brands next weekend though if that helps.

Thanks Sonic, but Leicester is a little far away from Dorset.

will pass on the info within the next week or two, will reveal plans then :)

Post loads of pics of it pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssse :)

will pass on the info within the next week or two, will reveal plans then :)

Forum communal track/race bike you say. Nice work Conica. :icon_salut:

Dunc , I know a guy who had/may still have this .

tz.jpg

I've no idea what year it is but he's not too far from me .

Any use ?

You could come on holiday to Cornwall and have a look at the 500's.

I may be in touch when I get further along with this project. Thanks

Dunc , I know a guy who had/may still have this .

tz.jpg

I've no idea what year it is but he's not too far from me .

Any use ?

Yes that would be useful Willblerk. Ta.

Archived