Honda Starting Issue

theo

Ok, so I own a CBR600RR. All good so far.

I have two keys with the bike. One I use all the time, and the bike starts everytime, all the time on the button. No dramas.

However, for the first time today I tried the second key. The key went in (stop the laughing at the back), all the lights came on the dash as usual.

Firstly, the FI light stayed on (always cancels once the dash has rebooted with the other key). Secondly, although the starter motor turned the engine over, the bloody thing would not start.

Returned to the normal key, started instantly.

Soooo, is this part of the HISS system, and perhaps my second key has a problem?

Or is there other shite at play?

Sounds like either the chip in the key is either faulty or not programmed to the transponder & ECU.

You'll have to take the bike to a Honda dealer to get it re-coded to match the ECU. Orrrr using the workshop manual you can code it, but you will need to buy a cable from Honda. It's a fairly simple process.

Wicked, thanks Cibbers.

Think ill buy me a cable from the uk, as I cant afford to think about dealer networks out here.

I love this forum.

As a way of making sure this is the problem, try using your 'not working' key to start the bike, but have the other key right next to it, so it picks up on the chip in that one.

Archived