500 Gamma Disc Valve Covers

dillv8

Hello,

I've got a '88 500 Gamma which has been stood a while & the friction material is coming away from the disc valve covers,could anyone advise what options I have to rectify this please?

After doing a quick Google I've only come up with two results,either new disc valve covers from a bike spares website but they were £100 each which I thought a bit pricey..

The other result is Performance Fabrications with some billet covers advertised at £270 which I thought was more like it but I can't get in touch with them,phone or email,are they still trading? Anybody ordered off them recently?

Thanks for any info,

Dill

Give Mark Dent (performance fabrications) a call during the week, he is a bit slow with emails mainly because hes a busy man. You do need to machine things to get the right clearance with the billet ones though.

Another option is Maranello Engineering I have just bought a set of trick covers off them for my TMX 35 carbs. Pricey but exceptionaly good.

If you want a second hand set of standard cover drop me an email at stu@jonesracing.co.uk as i have the ones I removed from my bike and they are fine.

Cheers

Stuart

Hello,

I've got a '88 500 Gamma which has been stood a while & the friction material is coming away from the disc valve covers,could anyone advise what options I have to rectify this please?

After doing a quick Google I've only come up with two results,either new disc valve covers from a bike spares website but they were £100 each which I thought a bit pricey..

The other result is Performance Fabrications with some billet covers advertised at £270 which I thought was more like it but I can't get in touch with them,phone or email,are they still trading? Anybody ordered off them recently?

Thanks for any info,

Dill

I'm sorry to have to tell you, but your bike is ruined. I will give you £750, £500 if it is one of the stinky red ones.

Seriously, spend a bit of money on her. The skinny, perfumed, Silkolene slugging slut will thank you for it.

Stan advised me quite strongly against the billet covers claiming possible poor sealing have pretty serious effects on performance . I have a spare set also . Stan Stephens can re-cover your existing

Thats probably why those Aprilia RSW 250s only had about 110hp they forgot to use the coating ;)

are they retro fit on the the rsw as well then ? :biggrinvk4:

I was joking, I realise there is a lot of different opinions on various disc valves and covers designs. Hopefully in about a months time i can tell you for sure if the last design version of the Aprilia covers works when retro fitted to an RG5 motor. Theory says they will work just as well retro fitted though.

Archived