"motocross Is Easy"

peter187

Great find. Canada Heights, 10min up road from me. As the end of video says, that's 4min out of 30odd.

FRANTIC... The big step-down at 2.16, the landing after that looks fairly smooth on the video.

You stand trackside there, and the braking bumps into that right-hander look massive.

:rock: Fast MX Lads.

That was easy I sat here and clicked play....

I tried it for a while when I 19-20 and that killed me then. I don't think I could manage 5 mins now!!

Does anyone who's even sat on a bike ever say it though?

I mean, seriusly?

I get stressed ontrack if I'm sgaring a corner with one other person.... Starting in a line and sharing turn 1 with 30 other blokes, a minimum of 29 of whom are certifiable nutters, does not appeal to me 'cos it looks anything but easy.

I've ridden on practice tracks and that's not easy if you're actually trying to do anything but bimble... Which isn't easy.

Is it one of those wind-up phrases peoplke use to joish each other, or are there really some mouth-breathers out there who think that riding a GSXR at road speeds on flat tarmac takes more skill than MX?

:eusa_think:

Does anyone who's even sat on a bike ever say it though?

I mean, seriusly?

I get stressed ontrack if I'm sgaring a corner with one other person.... Starting in a line and sharing turn 1 with 30 other blokes, a minimum of 29 of whom are certifiable nutters, does not appeal to me 'cos it looks anything but easy.

I've ridden on practice tracks and that's not easy if you're actually trying to do anything but bimble... Which isn't easy.

Is it one of those wind-up phrases peoplke use to joish each other, or are there really some mouth-breathers out there who think that riding a GSXR at road speeds on flat tarmac takes more skill than MX?

Yeah i agree with you. I don't think anyone who has ever ridden a bike would actually say that to someone unless they were just trying to take the piss a little. I just posted it because I thought it was a really nice onboard.

I think a lot of road, and leisure riders are ignorant of off road.

Been working in bike trade for 10mths now, on Parts/Accessory counter in a busy, multi-franchise (6 brand) dealership which covers every kind of riding possible if you ignored Trials.

Not sure many car dealerships deal with the same broad spectrum of customer base. Commuters, posers, die-hards, racers, scooters, enthusiasts, etc...

I have to humour and respect everyone, and they (customers/management) expect me to be an expert on everything from a KTM 250SX to Vespa GTS to R1 to old shit-box 90's Triumph wanger heaps... Trident, Trophy, Trouble, Terrible...

If Bob Smith on his SRAD wants a Brembo master cylinder because the commute is 'bordering' on MotoGP greatness, I can't tell him to feck-off despite his blue bar-ends and 3" chicken strips, despite knowing full-well amateur MX Dave I served 2min before him, who just had an air filter and plug for his KTM SX could probly 'do' Bob round the local One-Way on a Vespa GTS with flat tyres with 1 arm tied behind his back.

I think a lot of road, and leisure riders are ignorant of off road.

Oh I agree on that front.

Passed my test at 17, rode of-road first time at 30.

But I never thought it was easy in those intervening years - the reason I didn't go off-road was 'cos I didn't know enduro existed, thought "trail riding" was on DT125s at 3mph and MX looked too fuckin' scary! :D

Great vid and well filmed, I've not done any off road for years, but, when I did I usually had some expensive repairs to do after to my TS125

Had a go............Killed me..............went back to road racing :bow: ...Do the odd newcommers race every now and then on a 450 in just a stubble field........even then.....it kills me lol

Dabbled a bit when I was a kid, used to go to Mallory Park mx track a few years ago when we all had pit bikes. They used to only let us out with the kids.....sounds easy right?

When you`ve just landed a quarter of the way across a table top, thinking "yeah, not bad!", some fucking mentalist 9 year old on a big wheel kx85 overtakes you, 6 foot above you, crossed up, then lands and kicks a huge rooster tail of shit up in your face..... kinda makes you feel slightly less than manly.

Don`t get me wrong it was a wicked laugh, but as others have said, anyone who MX`s proper is fucking tonto, even the kids.

I quite like going to the MX track. It's an intense workout and is a hell of a lot more fun than standing around a room full of sweaty dickheads ie gym. Right now I'm even without a functioning roadbike so it's been MX only for quite a few months.

Archived