Zx6R B1H Won't Start After Winter Storage.

Big_Kingy

A work colleague has a very tidy, standard B1H. He put it in the garage at the end of November with no preparation for when he wanted to use it again (literally just pushed it into the garage and locked the door).

He went to start it this weekend and it's just making a buzzing noise when he holds the starter button. He's charged the battery but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Starter motor stuck

battery poor under load

Poor earth on bike

Edit:-You might also want to drain the carb's and put some fresh fuel in it to help the starting.My bet would be the battery.If its been outside in the cold spells the battery could have been frozen damaging the cells within the battery.Load test the battery or try another known good one.

Main fuse corrosion..i took a whole bike apart..and looked at the fuses..turns out it was one main fuse all along..fuck my life.

I changed glow plugs on a VW before realising it was an in line fuse. I share your pain. :sFun_doh2:

Edit:-You might also want to drain the carb's and put some fresh fuel in it to help the starting.My bet would be the battery.If its been outside in the cold spells the battery could have been frozen damaging the cells within the battery.Load test the battery or try another known good one.

Fiver says you can't..... :eusa_whistle:

Fiver says you can't..... :eusa_whistle:

:facepalm: I know,I know.. its FI.. Don't know what i was thinking..Was thinking bad fuel won't help... must empty carb's lol Typed it and forgot about it. :getmecoat:

• 2 weeks later...

A work colleague has a very tidy, standard B1H. He put it in the garage at the end of November with no preparation for when he wanted to use it again (literally just pushed it into the garage and locked the door).

He went to start it this weekend and it's just making a buzzing noise when he holds the starter button. He's charged the battery but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Let me have it i'll look after it far better than that. Sorry.

Trying to get my B1H track bike going this weekend, hopefully no issues but good to be reminded of the common things that can go wrong after it being left in storage (12+ months at this stage)

Yup, all said.

Replace old fuel, check fuses, check starter solenoid.

Maybe even give it a bump to see if she fires.

A

Battery, a mate has a ZZR6 with the same symptoms, changed battery and away, was dumping its charge when the starter was pressed(also happened on mine due to a bad cell)

Archived