Bst Carbons Buying Second Hand

Ducsenna

Will they fit a 1098?

Seriously. visual checks should tell you everything you need to know. There are ultrasound tests for checking carbon structures, but I don't think they'd tell you anything that a visual exam wouldn't in this case.

are the bearings and spacer tube original, have they ever been removed?

are all of the brake threads ok, and have any ever been 'repaired'

are the brake bolt up surfaces clean and undamaged?

do the rims run true?

any lever damage?

where they used for racing?

are the valves original? are they in good condition?

did the wheels come with fasteners from BST, and are they included, and what is the torque setting?

what is the cush drive arrangment, is it all there, is the sprocket carry over OE fitment, or is it BST specific? where do i get spares from if so?

I have some on the MV. They are really really strong & in 3 yrs of tyre changing there is not a mark on them.

If you visually inspect them & they look ok then they probably are.

where they used for racing?

I'm not arguing here, more just asking really, but what's the problem with a wheel that's been used for racing as opposed to a road rim? I'd have thought the potential amount of potholes a road wheel's clonked into would possibley offset the amount of wear they'd get from tyre changes on a race bike maybe? Just thinking, y'know.

Great replies, thanks PBers.

Mostly common sense as I hoped, they are off a 1098 , local to me so should be able to check the as suggested above.

At half new retail, tempting ......

Archived