St1100 Calipers

fran9r

I have a ST1100 (Non-ABS) which is rather slowly being built...the front calipers have some damage, which has meant the seals won't ever be fantastic.

Are there alternative calipers I can fit?

I seem to think road test state the calipers are CBR 600s specs...is this right, and if so what year?

ABS Pan stuff won't fit as apparently the mounts are different -which means new forks, which then means new yokes...

Ta

fran9r, I'm in the Pan club too mate, pre abs. I went through this thought process and decided to rebuild the standard calipers, it took some doing but it was well worth it, the standard calipers almost make it stand on it's nose :)

buy a decent used dremmel from ebay dude, and david silver (I think) does the seals and pistons, I love my pan, it's a great long distance commuter and faster than many people think

Already got the dremmel, just need the (is it copper?) attachments to get into all the caliper bits.

I've not ridden mine as it was a project. Need to rebuild the forks following rechroming, get the valves lapped in with new stem oil seals, get the heads back on, swop the cambelt and get the swinger welded/painted. I've got a stainless pipe, different shock and a few other bits...need some pads, discs, tyres and some braided hoses...oh and I'll give it a respray while I'm at it.

Can't wait to have a sensible looking bike, for big distances and some 2 up cruising.

It's the only bike my other half will get on, I bought an MRA screen and a gel seat for it when I bought it and it made for a great experience for us 2 up, very little wind not alot of buffeting. I just need to find a new set of plastics for it :)

Just from having a look at what bikes the pads are common with, I suspect the calipers are the same as VFR800's and CBR1100.

Just from having a look at what bikes the pads are common with, I suspect the calipers are the same as VFR800's and CBR1100.

Non-ABS Pan's don't have the linked brakes, so they would need the ABS Pan's forks and yokes.

But thanks for the help.

Archived