Aluminium Welding Needing Doing, Anybody Help?

lorenzo

Ey up. The front fairing mount on my R1 frame needs welding on, it's right up by the headstock, near the lower bearing, can anybody help me out? The problem with taking it to my local 'joe bloggs welding co' is that to do a proper job on it it's going to need the headstock bearings taken out before it all gets welded. Of course, to get the bike to the welders it's going to need the forks etc left on it simply to get it in the van, and hence it'll mean taking the whole of the front end off the bike in the welders workshop, which I don't think they'll be too happy with. So, is there anybody within a reasonable distance of Manchester who can sort me out, either by letting me faff about with my forks and headbearings etc in their workshop before and after the welding, or even better still, coming on over to my place on the outskirts of manchester where I can have the bike fully stripped ready for welding before hand? Obviously, I will cross your palm with silver accordingly...

bring it to our workshop in sunny essex and we can weld it back on. you can make as much mess as you like as long as you tidy up after, and make some tea of course! you could ride it down if you want cos we have plenty spanners and so on

Like wise, down here in sunny Dorset we can sort you out, but I guess you want somewhere slightly more local.

[hijack] I'm after someone near Derby for a alloy welding job also on an r1, just not as awkward as lorenzo's - the strut across the rear of the subframe has been fapping in the wind for about 3 years now, about time I got it slapped back on lol. Will keep an eye on this :) [/hijack]

bring it to our workshop in sunny essex and we can weld it back on. you can make as much mess as you like as long as you tidy up after, and make some tea of course! you could ride it down if you want cos we have plenty spanners and so on

Can't really ride it down but I could get it to you, plus my mum's in Essex, I could make an overnight stop of it and get a good hearty meal... Where in essex are you?

However, getting time off to spend a few days away is a nightmare at the moment, it'll be months before I can do that, so is there anybody a bit more local?

[hijack] I'm after someone near Derby for a alloy welding job also on an r1, just not as awkward as lorenzo's - the strut across the rear of the subframe has been fapping in the wind for about 3 years now, about time I got it slapped back on lol. Will keep an eye on this :) [/hijack]

I'm Derby/notts, I've dropped my swingarm off at Racinglines. Rob will weld it for you.

Workshop is in laindon, near to ford dunton.

Never realised you were so close, Jamie. Do you weld anything?

I'm only in Chelmsford.

Sweeeeeet...

I definitely need a rear loop welded onto the CG subframe, and was thinking of a new front subframe for the Ducati to take the weight of the headlight/clocks etc off the forks, but that'd be later. Got a link?

I'm Derby/notts, I've dropped my swingarm off at Racinglines. Rob will weld it for you.

Didn't even think of that, used him for all sorts, never fell short. I'll give him a shout, cheers!

Archived