Gsxr 1000 K1 Info

GIXERJC

Can anyone help me I need to replace the forks on my K1 1000 can anyone tell me if I can change them for other models ie K5/6/7/8/9/ and what I will need (yokes, brakes, wheel, spindel etc) and if there would be any problems fitting them and also does anyone know what different ohlins, ktech, wp forks I can use (ie aprilla, ducati, yamaha ect) the cost of suzuki replacments would cost more than ohlins if they were still available.

Thanks

I need to replace or repair them (but is very expensive) because the titanium-nitrate and a small amount of chrome has worn off so will need recoating and new bushes so I thought it could be better to upgrade as the brakes tend to get better (radial type).

The nitriding coming off was a common problem with the K1's, if I remember correctly Suzuki replaced the forks on a lot of bikes under warranty. Might be worth a call to your local Suzuki dealer.

Suzuki won't entertain it they did some under warranty, for a bike this old they only would give concessions if up to one year out of warranty or if it was a recall and sadly it wasn't done under a recall so just an expensive job for me, and it seems that k1-2 forks don't exist anymore new (£976.66-£3,134.40 from Suzuki) or used (I have seen a couple on ebay with the same amount of ware as mine) and Ohlins, Ktech and wp (Ftr) are rarer than rocking horse shit (once again I have seen a pair of Ohlins on Gixer Boyz forum but doesn't matter what I do I just can't register ?????) I have put wanted adverts on other forums but with no luck at all !!!!

Archived