Radial Movement In My Ebc Prolite Disc

CRMotard

thought itd gotten myself a bargain second hand EBC prolite disc to fit to my mito wheel (in a motard) but now Im thinking I got a lemon.

I was trying to work out why my suspension didnt feel very plush when grabbing the brakes and pushing on the bars.

itd kind of feel a little bit 'notchy' when I first pushed down.

i traced the issue to some slight radial movement in the floating disc (about 0.5-1mm).

Im going to assume that the disc is rooted and I should buy a new one, but thought Id ask first as Im not a disc guru...

Im considering replacing with this:

http://www.s3perform...607-p-3262.html

yes I beleive it originates from china, but from word of mouth Iv heard that these discs kick arse and are in most cases better than OEM.

New set of disc bobbins and you should be fine.

This very much. I have a brand new set of Pro Lite discs sitting in my garage and they come with a spare set of bobbins from new!

cheers fellas, Ill get onto the phone to EBC to get some new ones

the bobbins are fairly rusted up so your probably right,

suprisingly the disc looks nearly new... minimal pad groving etc

what do yas reckon though?

dont do a trackday untill its fixed?

The spare bobbins are to be fitted after the discs are a few weeks old(If they are silver and the ones fitted are red)

As above,ebc will sell you new bobbins.

my new ebc discs on my other project (KTMito380) are red, so these will need changing to silver?

I will have to see if Iv still got them...

otherwise Ill be ordering 2 sets of bobbins

my new ebc discs on my other project (KTMito380) are red, so these will need changing to silver?

I will have to see if Iv still got them...

otherwise Ill be ordering 2 sets of bobbins

Yes,if i remember correctly it was highlighted as very important in the instructions!!

currently getting assistance from brakes4u.co.uk and they are determining whether mine are EBC Pro-Lite 'race discs' or 'street discs' .

because the race discs are interchangable for bobbins just like the ones on my KTMito, but I think the ones on the mito arnt interchangeable :(

so I will hear back from them in the next 24 hours and can then decide what to do!

Archived