Datatool S4C Playing Up

beedub

Afternoon all. I have a Datatool S4C fitted to my Street Triple which has taken to going off all the time. As you can imagine this is boiling my piss spectacularly. It now goes off every time the alarm is armed and it seems (judging by the beeping that tell me what's triggered it) that it's the motion sensor that is triggering it. It's nice that it works and all that but I haven't moved the bike for weeks what with being a fair-weather biker.

Anyone come across this before (the fucked alarm not the fair-weather biking)? Is it a relatively simple adjustment to the sensitivity or is it suspected borkage? Wondering if it's something I can tinker with myself or if I need to get a man.

Afternoon all. I have a Datatool S4C fitted to my Street Triple which has taken to going off all the time. As you can imagine this is boiling my piss spectacularly. It now goes off every time the alarm is armed and it seems (judging by the beeping that tell me what's triggered it) that it's the motion sensor that is triggering it. It's nice that it works and all that but I haven't moved the bike for weeks what with being a fair-weather biker.

Anyone come across this before (the fucked alarm not the fair-weather biking)? Is it a relatively simple adjustment to the sensitivity or is it suspected borkage?

Wondering if it's something I can tinker with myself or if I need to get a man.

Dunno about the alarm. Had a Datatool once but nobody could fit it for me. The second problem is more personal really. Gretch may be able to help.

I had this problem twice with my Datatool alarm. Cost me £150-ish (IIRC) the first time it happened after leaving me stranded, as the circuit board needed to be replaced. The second time it occurred at home, so I took a hammer and screwdriver and beat the shit out of it on a Sunday evening. It then cost me a few quid to get it removed and my insurance only went up £20 a year.

My advice is get rid of the bloody thing, they are nothing but trouble.

My advice is get rid of the bloody thing, they are nothing but trouble.

Trouble is as it's parked on the street and I've felt the warm fuzzy glow of having my R6 stolen in the past, I quite like the idea of the alarm. Valid point on the insurance though...hmmm...

My datatool also started doing this on my KTM...usually in the middle of the bloody night. My bedroom was directly above the garage.

It got ripped out, drowned, and smashed to a million pieces in the end.

Archived