Venhill Hydraulic Brake Bleed Kit

bjohnson

I have used both types, for general bleeding, fluid refresh etc I prefer the old style with a non return valve in the bottle.

For bleeding an empty system (new brake lines, servo etc), the vacuum kit is less hassle imo....

Got one of these;

www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/533338/Braking/Bleed-kits/Mityvac/Brake-Bleed-Kithttp://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/533338/Braking/Bleed-kits/Mityvac/Brake-Bleed-Kit

Still ended up just using a pipe and bottle in the end,was good for pulling the fluid through the system though but I just found it better to use the old method to get the final bleeding done(especially on the master cylinder).

I use a big syringe to pull the fluid through and get as much feel as I can at the lever then leave the lever tie wrapped back to the bar overnight. Job jobbed.

Fatbloke.

This one?

http://www.venhill.co.uk/Go_Kart_Brake_Systems/KARTING_TOOLS/VAMPIRE_VACUUM_PUMP_BRAKE_BLEED_SET___.html

I've been looking for a brake bleeder, and this one is on the shortlist, so like BJ I am interested in any comments. I want a kit to do my van (VW T5), my missus' car (Focus Y2K) as well as the bikes.

Yes that's the one.

I'm about to do the Pre season maintenance on my track bike and just wondering if this will make the job easier, less messy and less arduous than usual. I'll be stripping the calipers and re-greasing the seals (red grease of course) so the system will be empty.

I usually use syringes to fill an empty system but still find it takes quite a bit of bleeding to get it all sorted.

I've also just bought a triumph speed triple and heard that the calipers need a bit of looking after, so I'm expecting to be strippng and cleaning those on an annual basis to keep them tip top

Archived