Lathe Chuck

Conica

Restored an old lathe in work recently, couple of months back but the current 9" 3 jaw just has knacked Jaws, Can't hold jobs anywhere near true.

Just wondering if anyone knew where i could get my hands on a 3/4 jaw 9/10" chuck for relatively cheap, Make/Model & Bore not really important as anything i get will most likely need a backplate making up anyway.

Cheers for any info :beerchug:

You could do worse than trying your local 'tat' yard if you're looking for second hand. My boss had a big tidy out at work recentley and wanted to get rid of half a dozen or so chucks and rotary tables etc. Because of the state of our manufacturing industry, he couldn't find anybody that wanted them, so he ended up weighing them in. :eusa_wall:

I might have a 12 inch rotary table and some other bits in my shed , I'll post a pic up later

OOH, tell me more. :)

Here's the picture of the rotary table and some other bits my dads collected over the years

IMAG0163.jpg

The table is in very good condition , it has a vernier scale on the handle , £250 . It might be a bit too heavy to post though , it's around 30kg

A compound machine vice , didn't measure it because it's a bit cold outside but I think it's got 4 inch jaws £130

There's also a boring head attachment for a deckel FP2 with really light use , a shaping head for a series one ( I think ) bridgeport mill and a brand new genuine bridgeport x travel lead screw for a series one.

That Paul is a beautiful piece for kit, though I supect that I got over excited then for a minute. It's gonna be too big for the route that I'm going down. If I wanted to spin a whole bike around on a turret mill, it would be perfect. :biggrinvk4: May be in touch though.

The mill I've just commisioned is pictured over in projects, fit that table and it'd fall over.

Plan is to get one of these installed at P1 towers, plus a full set of tools to match.

http://www.warco.co.uk/milling-machines/33-wm-18-variable-speed-milling-machine.html

Takes a bike cylinder head easily, should come in at under 3k for the complete package.

Wish me luck.

And me, need the lot at the moment, just commisioned a mill myself. :eusa_wall:

Oh and BTW, pass this place nearly every day, prices are keen, quality not bad.

Warco

I've bought a fair bit of kit of warco with no problem they deliver nationally as well. They are a bit out of the way.

Archived