Lost Spark................any Ideas?

ant802

Hi folks, just a quick one, recently rebuilt my 636 motor (2006), after plumbing it all in, and connecting the harness, its seems to have lost its spark.

The bike cranks fine, fuel pump primes, secondaries reset etc

I've tested the Crank sensor ok, resistance in spec, also Cam sensor seems fine, swapped out ECU's too, still no spark.

I've only just really started looking for faults this weekend, but would love to get it running before i ship it back from the US.

I haven't swapped out the plugs yet, and i've only tested no3 cylinder for a spark (easist to get at), i'll check all plugs tomorrow, but to be honest, i've never had a bad plug, being a race bike, the plugs are always reletively new, with not much mileage on them.

The injectors seem to be doing their job, as fuel residue is visible on the inlet rubbers.

I use small race batteries on the bike, and am wondering if this may be the cause? ie, the voltage dips just below enough to produce a spark, I think that the ECU will not work correctly below a certain voltage when cranking?

Anyway I'd appreciate any ideas folks!

all the best...Ant

Why not install the original battery and see if that works if you still have it,and it's not fried...

Why not install the original battery and see if that works if you still have it,and it's not fried...

yeh i'll give it a go, although i think its kernackered, i'm pretty confident its not battery related, i have 3 of these small batteries, and all with the same result, i'll buy a portable power pack and try that i think, cheers for the reply

Dont go running off in a tangent if it was running before then its something you've done wrong.????????????????????????????

I've had a good look and disconnected and re-connected the electrics more times than i can remember, but yes quite right, am going through the loom today looking for bad or broken connectors, its quite a simple loom thought, kit kawasaki item and pretty much fool proof when connecting it all up, thanks for the input, i'll start with the easy stuff first........Ant

Archived