2 Quick Questions..

Hendo

Righty then, my bike has a datatool system 3. Every now and again it will go off for no reason much to the annoyance of everyone within 100yards of it (especially me, my bedroom is right above the garage)

Its been fairly well behaved recently but its suddenly gone off 3 times tonight. So...

1. Anyone got any ideas why it does this? Ive consulted the manual to no avail.

2. Seriously, how hard is it to rip an alarm out? Is it just a case of tracing and snipping wires? I'm an electrician so I maybe have a good headstart on doing this?

Why the fuck anyone would want one of these on there bike is beyond me, they are the work of the devil!

Any help appriciated,

Andy

What state is the battery in?

The one on mrs.wavy's R6 used to think that someone was buggering about with it if the battery was disconnected or the voltage dropped a lot as it assumed that there was an interruption in the power supply due to theft/hotwiring.

Of course, if yours is hooked up to an optimate or similar then this theory is out the window...

Dave

try looking over on mcnninjas, guy on there fits alarms for a living(blair), nows his stuff and theres lenty of help/info in the security section

check the security of the seat switch , it's not unknown for them to come loose , failing that , put it in service mode until you find the problem .

What state is the battery in?

The one on mrs.wavy's R6 used to think that someone was buggering about with it if the battery was disconnected or the voltage dropped a lot as it assumed that there was an interruption in the power supply due to theft/hotwiring.

Of course, if yours is hooked up to an optimate or similar then this theory is out the window...

Dave

Damn not knowning how to multi-quote!

Its a brand new battery,just put on tonight, and the also brand spanking optimate is saying it is ok. I thought it could be the optimate setting it off, as I think the alarm is designed to sense 'spurrious' signals or something.

Ive also checked the security switches etc, all seem good.

I take it no-one has had the pleasure of ripping an alarm out then!?

Cheers guys

If its on the katoom it should be easy enough , the only 4 critical wires are the ign cut and the starter cut , the starter will be easy , its just a case of matching wire colours and it will probably be the same for the ign , the rest you can just disconnect . If you do decide to remove it put it in service mode ( disarm ign on press round button 3 times , led should stay on permanently and alarm give one quiet beep every 30 sec ) first otherwise if it goes off you may end up resorting to a hammer to silence it

If its on the katoom it should be easy enough , the only 4 critical wires are the ign cut and the starter cut , the starter will be easy , its just a case of matching wire colours and it will probably be the same for the ign , the rest you can just disconnect . If you do decide to remove it put it in service mode ( disarm ign on press round button 3 times , led should stay on permanently and alarm give one quiet beep every 30 sec ) first otherwise if it goes off you may end up resorting to a hammer to silence it

Last time I did this I had a bucket of water on standby, remove alarm module and drop it straight in the water. Sort out all the wiring connections properly, then get your largest hammer and spend ten minutes beating the bejaysus out of the alarm. Immensely satisfying.

Last time I did this I had a bucket of water on standby, remove alarm module and drop it straight in the water. Sort out all the wiring connections properly, then get your largest hammer and spend ten minutes beating the bejaysus out of the alarm. Immensely satisfying.

I hope you kept the bejaysus for use at a further date

Thanks for the info lads. Its been fine over the weekend so I'm hoping the new battery and optimate 4 combo has sorted it.

Its on its last warning though...

Andy

Archived