10 year old Racer

Zakalwe

Maybe, but talent is one thing, seeing it though is something else.

I ws talking to a kid (well, 17 y/o) at the Derby Phoenix presentaion eve, he'd done fantastically in the 2008 season, his first race on a motorbike EVER was Brands Hatch with us in March and straight away he was top ten, by September he was running within a second a lap of the leaders, he walked the novice championship easily and is only 2 results from getting his national licence.

Anyway, he said he might not bother racing again as he's been having fun playing basketball........

Yep and then you get the kids like a cocky little shit I met a few years back. A mates nephew, he was winning everything on minimotos at the time and wanted to try a 125 so I sorted an RS125 for him to try out. Done quite well so far has little Scott Redding.

edit: the video is impressive, he'll do very well if he stays with bikes.

Yep and then you get the kids like a cocky little shit I met a few years back. A mates nephew, he was winning everything on minimotos at the time and wanted to try a 125 so I sorted an RS125 for him to try out. Done quite well so far has little Scott Redding.

Unreal....had the look of a young rossi in the unorthodox lines he was using,although some of the other riders looked unbearably slow,although that instructor struggled to keep him in sight! Would love to see him on a bigger bike,would be interesting! Particularly liked the statement 'Peter doesn't like mayonnaise'.....

Unreal....had the look of a young rossi in the unorthodox lines he was using,although some of the other riders looked unbearably slow, that instructor struggled to keep him in sight! Would love to see him on a bigger bike,would be interesting! Particularly liked the statement 'Peter doesn't like mayonnaise'.....

There are hundred of talented kids out there with the right DNA, but 99% of turning it into success is having the right contacts and money to do something with it.

There are hundred of talented kids out there with the right DNA, but 99% of turning it into success is having the right contacts and money to do something with it.

Couldnt agree more mate, there's a lot of talent out there but sadly getting the dosh and peeps in the know to push it forward is VERY difficult.

Hahahaha excellent. How embarrassing to have you arse handed to you by a child on a wee 90mph bike. Round the outside, knee down. Nicely!

Archived