Which pushbike speedo for daylight MOT?

rich7/12

Hi all,

I want a pushbike speedo to temporarily mount on my track bike for the odd trip on the road (it's got a daylight MOT).

I would take it off when on the track, so something with a wireless sender maybe?

I think the tricky bit is getting one that will read a high enough mph.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Sigma ones go up to 186mph or thereabouts

Yep - got one of them on my YZ

they also do a wireless one, but it needs batteries in the sender and extra in the reciever

Just go to your local bike shop and they'll have plenty of choice

or get it from Busters here

Awesome. That was easy. Thanks guys.

Will choose a sexy looking Sigma asap.

The permanent dash will be a Mychron 4 kart dash - tacho, shift light and lots of cool lap timing/data to ply with.

Rich

Awesome. That was easy. Thanks guys.

Will choose a sexy looking Sigma asap.

The permanent dash will be a Mychron 4 kart dash - tacho, shift light and lots of cool lap timing/data to ply with.

Rich

If you fancy a very cheap lap timer/temp guage in the meantime aprilia rs125's come with a nifty little digital display which does that.

signma go up to 299 I beleive, and it doesn't matter what, either km or mph, the limit's the digits on the dash. I've also heard that the cordless ones suffer interference sometimes from things like HT leads, so I've got a wired one. I tested mine up to about 130 I think it was, alongside a satnav, and it's within 0.5mph all the way.

ooohhhh - you will have problems with a kart dash on a bike. Every person I know who's tried to get an AIM kart dash to fit and work on a bike has regretted it....

Go on, give us a clue....!!! What are the problems?

Guessing its to do with the rev counter connection or temp (which I'm not using at the moment as its a oil cooled GSXR)??

Archived