Brake Upgrade Help Wanted!!

noely02

i'm looking to drag the brakes on my lovely 96 gpz1100 into this century, the brake lines have been sorted with nice new braided ones, so i'm looking at callipers and possibly master cylinders.

BUT my problem is after looking on fleabay, well apart from the obvious radial types which are a bit out my price range, i'm not sure on what what's good to upgrade to, and i don't want to spent half the value of the bike doing it.

i've got no problem making up brackets and spacers to fit as i work in an engineering workshop

any help would be useful

NoeL

That or Honda gold Nissin's are some of the best normal calipers you can get. They are the same for the CBR600rr, fireblade 929 and 954 and sp1/sp2. You should be able to get a set of cbr600rr ones for about 40 quid.

And get a matching master cylinder as well anything modern will do.

i'll start looking for them then, think i'll post in the wanted section here too

did a little research in to what i've already got, the current disks are also used on zxr400's and the calipers are used on er6's!

the old gpz is just a bit heavyer than them i think!

As above, both of those calipers are as good as more or less anything short of posh monoblocks etc. Don't pay extra money for a radial master cylinder, a late normal style one that's designed for a sports bike with 4 pot calipers will easily be good enough. Zx6r b1h are pretty good. Radial master cylinders might also cause issues on fooling the clocks and will almost certainly give you trouble with your brake lines.

As above, both of those calipers are as good as more or less anything short of posh monoblocks etc. Don't pay extra money for a radial master cylinder, a late normal style one that's designed for a sports bike with 4 pot calipers will easily be good enough. Zx6r b1h are pretty good. Radial master cylinders might also cause issues on fooling the clocks and will almost certainly give you trouble with your brake lines.

thanks, i'll add them to my wish list

Don't skimp on brakes, get some 8 pots on there :icon_bounce:

2011-09-24134102.jpg

think that set up would equal bent forks and frame :))

What were they like as new?

Full caliper rebuild, pistons and seals + maybe a better m/cylinder?

Worked for my gsxr

the brakes were marginal from new as far as i was concerened, got new lines anyway, and after pricing up the pistons and seals on wemotos site i would prefer to spend the money on a better setup than the originls, so thats why i'm looking at fitting better calipers

Archived