07/08 R6 Shock

El Gringo

Evening chaps and chapess'

Does anyone happen to have an 07/08 R6 shock they could grab some measurements of for me please.

I'm after

the eye to eye length

top and bottom hole diameters

the width of the top and bottom mounts (external top, internal bottom)

Now the tricky bit

I could do with the dimensions around the gas resevoir, width, height above the shock and sort of the distance

down the shock it is from the top eye,

Although if anyones got one i could borrow/purchase it would be much appreciated :eusa_whistle:

Ta

Chris

*eidt to say i've just read that back, i don't want much do I :icon_blackeye:

Evening chaps and chapess'

Does anyone happen to have an 07/08 R6 shock they could grab some measurements of for me please.

I'm after

the eye to eye length

top and bottom hole diameters

the width of the top and bottom mounts (external top, internal bottom)

Now the tricky bit

I could do with the dimensions around the gas resevoir, width, height above the shock and sort of the distance

down the shock it is from the top eye,

Although if anyones got one i could borrow/purchase it would be much appreciated :eusa_whistle:

Ta

Chris

*eidt to say i've just read that back, i don't want much do I :icon_blackeye:

Length is 290mm, centre-centre

External top/internal bottom is 30mm

Both top and bottom mounts are 12mm (Yam use M10 shouldered bolts which have a 12mm body but an M10 thread. I suppose any M12 plain bolt would do in a pinch :) )

The centre of the reservoir is around 50mm down the centreline of the shock, and the body of the reservoir sticks out about 90mm rearward from the centreline. It's around 100mm wide and is offset to the left, so it sticks out from the centreline 70mm.

How's that? I have a spare clean 2008 (silver spring) R6 shock spare if you're interested? £80 posted :)

Thanks Kayla

Thats absolutely fantastic :icon_salut:

I'm having a cunning plan, just need to check some measurements, i'll let you know about the Silver one ta!

Cheers

Chris

Hi Kayla,

Just a quick one, the 50mm down the centre line to the resevoir, where did you measure from? The very end of the shock or the centre of the bolt hole?

Also does the 08 have both compression adjustments on one adjuster or does it have 2 sepearte ones at the top?

Reason being i think the 06 is different to the 07/08.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Kayla,

Just a quick one, the 50mm down the centre line to the resevoir, where did you measure from? The very end of the shock or the centre of the bolt hole?

Also does the 08 have both compression adjustments on one adjuster or does it have 2 sepearte ones at the top?

Reason being i think the 06 is different to the 07/08.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

I measured from the hole centre. I'll check the other bits tomorrow and stick a photo up, I've got both a red spring and a silver spring shock now :)

Archived