Road Racing

tootall

Arse. will work it out and edit.

Sorted.

Check out the Supersport B race at the southern 100. one of the most entertaining road races i've seen.

Ahhh, the good old 600 B race.

The lads in the medical team will plan coffee breaks around this grid at the road races - i.e. NO-ONE is allowed to go for coffee when the 600 B grid is up.

:D

It's full of chaps like David "Yomo" Yeomans; resplendent in his Superman replica leathers complete with red underpants stitched to the outside...

9f0_6792_11149800.jpeg

... I once saw him get frustrated behind a rider and, finding no room on track, simply drift wide and up a disabled ramp; thereby using the footpath for a brutal pass, his knees level at the poor chaps head height.

The most apprehensive I've ever felt on a bike was qualifying ahead of him at an Irish Superbike round, and knowing he was behind me on the inside of the first, 5th gear corner. Terrifying.

Legends, every one of them.

:icon_salut:

-John

Will you be joing those nutters next year J?

'tis the idea.

I've got the ok from she who must be obeyed, need to sort out finances and also the ACU are playing silly fuckers and want me to start from scratch with a wally bib. Cant race over in ireland till I get my acu national licence, and even though I've held a french national licence the bloody idiots at the acu want to start me on a novice bib. That means at least 20 uk club level meetings before I can go on the roads. Looking for short cuts at the mo.

I'll do the club racing if I have to and would probably do some anyway, but it just doesnt fire me up like the roads. Want (need) to get onto the roads, and then onto the manx etc.

Looking for short cuts at the mo.

Might the MCUI accept your French lisence and results and that might allow you to compete at the Southern rounds on the roads? I'm sure a year of finishes and relatively little carnage on the roads might persuade the ACU to allow you on the all roads the following year?

Might the MCUI accept your French lisence and results and that might allow you to compete at the Southern rounds on the roads? I'm sure a year of finishes and relatively little carnage* on the roads might persuade the ACU to allow you on the all roads the following year?

Its one of the options. Also looking into moving over the water as an option! Yes, I'm that into it!

* you do know who you're talking to dont you? :eusa_whistle:

Its one of the options. Also looking into moving over the water as an option! Yes, I'm that into it!

* you do know who you're talking to dont you? :eusa_whistle:

Check out www.irishbikeracing.com if you havnt already!

Check out www.irishbikeracing.com if you havnt already!

Can't register, system says my email has been banned (both of them), and cant view anything on there without registering. :confused:

Ahhh, the good old 600 B race.

The lads in the medical team will plan coffee breaks around this grid at the road races - i.e. NO-ONE is allowed to go for coffee when the 600 B grid is up.

It's full of chaps like David "Yomo" Yeomans; resplendent in his Superman replica leathers complete with red underpants stitched to the outside...

9f0_6792_11149800.jpeg

... I once saw him get frustrated behind a rider and, finding no room on track, simply drift wide and up a disabled ramp; thereby using the footpath for a brutal pass, his knees level at the poor chaps head height.

The most apprehensive I've ever felt on a bike was qualifying ahead of him at an Irish Superbike round, and knowing he was behind me on the inside of the first, 5th gear corner. Terrifying.

Legends, every one of them.

:icon_salut:

-John

I met the guy who made these leathers today - he's living down here in NZ now

Archived